Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (dedicatedwse)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-15-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
I bought and am about to install PP on a V-hull I/O. I've heard about problems with the speed control on certain Malibus due to waterflow issues at the paddlewheel.

Who has installed PP on an I/O, and did you have speed control problems that weren't able to be corrected by a PP technical service rep?

Thanks
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-16-2006, 8:02 AM Reply   
i had it installed on a 2000 bayliner capri 1850.
i did havve speed control problems and we ran in rpm mode for the most consistent pull.
The paddle wheel was right in front of the engine... i think if it could have been located further back it would have been better.
the problem was every time i thougt i had the settings perfect a variable like weight in the boat, the person being pulled, goin up river instead of down would change how well it was working.

it was still worth it to use in rpm mode, and i think it would perform better on a larger boat with A larger motor!
Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-16-2006, 8:53 AM Reply   
Chad, I have been considering doing the same thing on my V-hull. Haven't bought PP yet though. Let me know how it goes and what you think of it when your done.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-16-2006, 8:57 AM Reply   
Have had it for 4 years on a 20' monterey. Only problem I have is if you try to take a very sharp turn it needs some help but regular wake boats have that problem too. Make sure you mount the paddle wheel as per the manufacturer.
Old     (dedicatedwse)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-17-2006, 9:37 PM Reply   
Anyone else have experience to share?
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-18-2006, 6:17 AM Reply   
We had it on our old '88 Baja. We used it in speed mode and it was worth every penny!!!
Old    musner            04-19-2006, 9:20 PM Reply   
I installed one on my 2001 Larson 4.3EFI three years ago. I had to fiddle with the settings for a bit, but once I got it dialed in, it worked great. Best purchase for the boat I've made.
Old     (dedicatedwse)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-20-2006, 12:34 PM Reply   
I'm installing this weekend...
Old     (t_brown)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-20-2006, 12:47 PM Reply   
do they work on Carbed 5.0 liter boats?
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-20-2006, 12:52 PM Reply   
http://www.perfectpass.com/inboardoutboard.html

yes!