Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (redracer2003)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-20-2007, 5:40 PM Reply   
i'm looking to put a system in my boat this fall & was wondering what are some good brands to look into. I'm looking for amps, subs, speakers.
Old     (spade)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-20-2007, 5:43 PM Reply   
wetsounds
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-20-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
polk audio
jl audio
us amps
hifonics
infinity kappas
orion amps
Old     (redracer2003)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-20-2007, 7:06 PM Reply   
could i use car audio in a boat or is there something special about the marine type other than maybe its more water proof?
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-20-2007, 7:12 PM Reply   
i wouldnt reccomend it personally..theres always moisture in or near a boat......if looking for marine grade...look at the clarion amps polk audio speakers......llok for speakers with gold/plat/ss terminals baskets etc..no paper cones polypropelyene cones is what you want to look for...others will chime in with more opinions and expierence
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-20-2007, 7:35 PM Reply   
Most people use Car audio equipment in their boats with the exception of tower and interior speakers. Those you want marine grade so they dont ruin easily. My amps and Subs are just normal ones you would find in a car but their in locations where water isn't likely to be an issue.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-20-2007, 7:41 PM Reply   
Wet Sounds, Massive Audio, JL, Kicker, Polk.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-20-2007, 8:10 PM Reply   
only marine stuff in my boat is the infinity kappa 6.5's

now if I was running in salt it would ALL be marine stuff
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-20-2007, 8:15 PM Reply   
DUMP THE WET SOUNDS AND ROLL WITH N V S. the plastic is cheesy
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-20-2007, 8:17 PM Reply   
NVS JL and Diamond Audio
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-20-2007, 8:49 PM Reply   
we have the wet sounds pro 80s and they are noisy. definately great if you want something you wanna hear when riding. as far as for interior: kicker, polk, alpine and im partial to arc audio amps
Old     (macrogpx2)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-20-2007, 10:29 PM Reply   
NVS and ARC Audio is all you need. Customer service is a above and beyond what you expect. Also, most importantly, they both make products that are LOUD and CLEAN.
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-20-2007, 10:54 PM Reply   
mattwc,
I'm not going to push my stff by coming on here, rather ask questions. Like, take a couple of minutes and think about what your objectives really are. Even doing car systems people have different objectives, like 1) SQ, 2) I want the license plate to rattle. You probably know what I'm talking about, and all points in between.
So, in a Wake Boat, you have different options too that you can target. Just a couple would include:
1) Loud and Clean in the boat
2) Loud and Clean in the boat and for the rider
3) SQ in the boat and around the boat
4) gauge rattling bass
....the list goes on.
Take a few and then post back with what you think would make you "feelin good".
If you give your target objectives along with the type of music you like, you will likely get several systems designed for you right here on WW.
Duane
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-20-2007, 11:00 PM Reply   
JL or Wet sounds
Old     (redracer2003)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-21-2007, 4:00 AM Reply   
options #1, #2 & #3 are the biggest ones for me. I don't want anything to do w/ option #4 . I'd like for the rider to hear the tunes loud & clear but i don't want it to sound like it's got that treble sound & no bass if you know what i mean, but at the same time i don't want the people in the boat to loose their hearing. I'd like to set up something where the volume & the throttle are linked to where if the throttle goes up the tunes go up & throttle down the tunes go down. Someone told me they have this in cars, hopefully for boats also! we'll listen to mainly pop, rap, rock ,alt. I've never ridden behind a boat w/ a system before so I'm not sure what to expect or ask for. I'm not sure on how much of a budget I'm looking at either.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-21-2007, 7:55 AM Reply   
Matt,
Here's some websites of different tower speaker systems both Pro Audio and Car Audio components to give you a better idea of pricing, cosmetics, and performance.

http://www.liquidtrends.net/products.html
http://www.fusionsports.com/gear_speakers.php
http://www.nvs1.net/
http://www.wetsounds.com/
http://www.hsetrident.com/
http://www.skylonsports.com/
http://www.tidalaudio.com/
http://www.wetboxmarine.com/index.php?id=1

You can do some window shopping to gather some more questions.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-21-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
recently heard titan speakers and they are nice....I have diamond tower speakers and I can not imagine any better tower speaker..I have yet to hear wetsounds but I can not see them being louder than the diamonds.....JL subs rattle everything!!!!!!
Old    murphy8166            08-21-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
"I have yet to hear wetsounds but I can not see them being louder than the diamonds....."

Oh no...I can hear the flood gates opening!!
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-21-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
Murphy....I'm thinking this could be the start of a grassroots tower speaker regression revolution...I say rock the titans and p*ss off the entire town of Springfield , Mo with their insane volume!

For some odd reason I feel like powerturning
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-21-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
Eric-comparing Diamond to Wetsounds is like comparing apples to oranges. Pro-audio vs Car-audio is not a fair comparison. I have no doubt that a improperly amped set of Wetsounds would still destroy any car audio speaker out there in sheer volume. The nice thing is the Wetsounds also sound good too
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-21-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
I would say it is all about what your budget and what you can do on your own.

(Message edited by johnsvt on August 21, 2007)
Old     (prostartjh)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-21-2007, 4:37 PM Reply   
I have Polk Momo MMC6500 on my tower in MC OEM cans. Unfortunately I can not hear them behind the boat. I will probably change them out for Pro Audio. I am looking at HSE, Wetsounds or NVS.
Old     (sbilyeu)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-21-2007, 5:26 PM Reply   
2nd the NVS!!!
Old     (calaman)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-22-2007, 7:30 AM Reply   
tom, put the 650's in the boat and the HSE on top. My setup has 6-650's inside, the trident up at the tower, 2- 12inch nvs subs and 4 amps providing the power....it's super clean and the rider behind the boat that follows me hears my tunes ;-)
Old     (calaman)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-22-2007, 7:33 AM Reply   
Tom - the nvs with the horns will do the same thing as my HSE - bring music to the rider, either one would work for you. The wetsounds is good but not for me. I do like the look of the NVS and Duane is a cool guy to work with and will set you up. Have fun with it and post the pics after you are done
Old     (redracer2003)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-22-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
would the Infinity 6000m or 6100m marine tower speakers be a good way to go? What could i expect to spend on a pair of these? What could i look to spend on the Polk MMC6500 component system?
Old     (redracer2003)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-23-2007, 4:07 AM Reply   
this might be a dumb question but is there any difference between the Polk MMC650 & the Polk MMC6500? Also would the Polk db6500 be a good speaker for the tower?