Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    bigwake5            08-14-2005, 12:49 PM Reply   
does any have a picture of a moomba wake and also how much weight it has in it im interested in buying one but havnt seen a good picture of the wake yet
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-14-2005, 2:02 PM Reply   
Sorry I don't have a pic of the wake but the new 06 Mobius LSV looks pretty nice. Supposedly a new hull, and the tower looks more solid and stronger than the 05's. I've heard nothing but good things about the wake loaded up with stock ballast and sometimes a little extra, too! http://moomba.com/images/06-Mobius-LSV.jpg
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-14-2005, 4:12 PM Reply   
The XLV has as nice a wake as any boat out there including Wakesetter and X Star! There was an XLV on the lake the other day and the wake was among the best Ive seen.
Old     (boats4every1)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-14-2005, 5:37 PM Reply   
"The XLV has as nice a wake as any boat out there including Wakesetter and X Star! There was an XLV on the lake the other day and the wake was among the best Ive seen."

Get a Clue
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-14-2005, 7:41 PM Reply   
Chris, have you actually ridden behind an XLV?
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-14-2005, 8:22 PM Reply   
someone's in trouuuuuble..
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-14-2005, 9:31 PM Reply   
Not in the least, Clint. I've never ridden behind an X-Star, but I have ridden behind a fully weighted XLV, plus a 500 lb sack. The wake was waist high on me. It was scary big.

Just curious if Chris has ridden behind both boats to make a good judgement call.
Old     (ethomass)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-14-2005, 9:38 PM Reply   
Dont have an XLV but got an 03 Outback LS. These are stock ballast 700lbs and two 350# bags on each side of the engine
wake
wake2
Old    upupnaway            08-15-2005, 6:29 AM Reply   
The LSV has a good wake, I was able to pull off some inverts and spins without a problem on some pretty rough water with stock ballast in one.
The XLV has a gigantic wake, and you can load the crap out of it and get an insanely big wake.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-15-2005, 9:18 AM Reply   
is moomba much cheaper than malibu and mastercraft?
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-15-2005, 9:34 AM Reply   
Hey I was guilty of slamming Moomba the last time this thread popped up. I was a little uneducated and quick to judge based on what I knew about other Moombas. The XLV is a pretty nice boat, period. Not just for it's price. Although, I was a little suprised at the price. The XLV is not a cheap price point boat. Still a little more affordable than others.

I still wouldn't compare it to an X, but they have come along way and are with looking at.
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-15-2005, 9:47 AM Reply   
here is a pic of the 04 LSV wake w/ 250lbs on each side of engine and 800lbs up front, it doesnt look good in these pics but in person its pretty nice, has a nice kick. The wake is very competitive to any wakeboard boat in its class, Malibu, MC's, SAN, etc.

Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-15-2005, 9:49 AM Reply   
another

Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-15-2005, 10:32 AM Reply   
Hmm, by those pics I am far from impressed.
Old     (ethomass)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-15-2005, 11:39 AM Reply   
Phil you need more weight in the back of your boat
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-15-2005, 2:09 PM Reply   
Here is a picture of the wake of an 04 Mobius LSV with just the ski locker bag filled. With two 540lb sacks in the compartments astride the engine and about 500lbs weight in the front, the wake is slightly more than doubled in size (about mid-thigh to top of thigh on a 6ft guy). Sorry the picture is a little washed out, but the wake top is almost knee high in the picture. This was also without the hydraulic wake plate which we now have. With the wake plate, the wake is steep and rampy with a reasonable transition. Rider is at about 65-70ft and speed is around 21-22mph.

(Message edited by WakeShoe on August 15, 2005)

(Message edited by WakeShoe on August 15, 2005)
Old    shoeish            08-15-2005, 2:16 PM Reply   
I have an XLV.

Here is a about 3/4 ballast (on the 3 bag system) with two people in the boat.

http://www.shoeish.com/gallery/albums/WakeboardingPhotographs/DSC00264.sized.jpg
Old     (dallas141)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-15-2005, 9:20 PM Reply   
rootc-

Better than the wake of whatever boat you are riding behind in your profile pic.
Old     (lsv_doc)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-16-2005, 3:46 AM Reply   
I use two 500lbs in the rear, 1 650lb in the foot locker, and another 500lbs in the bow, sweet wake, but takes some time to plane.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-16-2005, 9:31 AM Reply   
Yeah, I need to update my profile. The wake in my profile is from stock ballast 01' xstar. Its a decent wake. However, the picture in my profile is zoomed in and you can't even see the wake. Be sure you compare apples to apples.

The reason I'm not impressed with the wake is because it looks so rampy. Perhaps with 1 - 2 mph increase and about 10 more feet of rope the wake would have more transition. The posted pictures depict a tall wake with a crappy transition.

Its nearly impossible to compare wakes from a picture. An xstar at 20 mph is gonna have a way bigger wake then the same boat at 23 mph. However, the 23 mph wake will be much better for me because it's more solid.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-16-2005, 11:26 AM Reply   
I don't know how anyone can compare the wakes of the big 3's top boats. I like my boat just fine, and I'm more comfortable riding behind it than the wake of the big 3, but I'm not naive enough to believe that it's in the same friggin league as a SAN. I've seen and ridden behind X-Stars, SANs, LSVs, and the biggest, nastiest, steepest, hardest wake BY FAR has been the SAN. Some people like their wakes rampier...some people think cucumbers taste better pickled. Who's to say who's wake is best? Find the boat you can afford, test drive it, weigh the everloving crap out of it until the wake is what you like and then stfu and ride. By the way, these are pix of the nasty SAN wake.

SAN
SAN2
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-16-2005, 11:32 AM Reply   
oh yeah, and we were just getting ready to drive the double up so that's why the rooster tail's off to the side.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-16-2005, 11:34 AM Reply   
i hate the san, it is too narrow and my knees dont like landing in the flats all the time

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (dallas141)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-16-2005, 11:48 AM Reply   
Just an observation. There all better than the wake behind my boat...cause I don't have one.
Old     (ethomass)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-16-2005, 11:49 AM Reply   
As scott said different people like differnt wake. Some people make the best of what they have. I personally like my wake. Many people may not. But that probly casue im used to ridding behind it. It isnt the best wake, but I'm ver happy and fortunate to have a wake to ride.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-16-2005, 11:49 AM Reply   
Well there's your proof. Different strokes...I hardly ever land in the flats unless I'm trying to. Are you riding at 60'? I don't know how you can consider this narrow, but again, different strokes... that's what makes it fun for everyone.

SANWAKE
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-16-2005, 12:24 PM Reply   
Hey guys- Check out this sick wake of mine; its at LEAST six inches high, don't be jealous !!
loaded up with 1000 lbs and a super wedge
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-16-2005, 12:28 PM Reply   
wrong pic^
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-16-2005, 12:38 PM Reply   
the 210 does have a narrow wake apposed to an X-9. I ride 80' behind the 210 and 75 behind the X-9 and it still feels wide. If you land in the flats all the time its because of how your coming into the wake and coming off. Watch Watson ride... behind the 210 at around 80' he brings his tricks straight up wake to wake.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-16-2005, 1:22 PM Reply   
I have to agree with Scott on this one. My boat puts out a great wake now that I have the Gravity Games setup, but the Natique has by far the most vicious, hard, and vertical wake on the market. If your landing in the flats often, I suspect your probably starting your cut too soon. When riding behind the Naughty you only need to cut out about fifteen to twenty feet, if your edging properly you'll shoot straight up and come down on the on the transition. I'm leaning more and more towards the 210 for my next boat these days, I just have a real hard time trying to justify that much money on a boat with such little room inside.

2000 Mob-V Wake.

Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       08-16-2005, 2:13 PM Reply   
Did I just read what I thought I did?????

Is Cliff talking about replacing the Mob?
DO IT DO IT DO IT..... You know you like the wake. Stop pretending.... you know you can't financially justify anything about boat ownership.

If we need more room for the kids... I will bring out the BU. Can I help pick the colors??
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-16-2005, 4:53 PM Reply   
Jeff- I'm impressed with your post on this thread! If I lived in your area, I'd invite you out to ride!!

Hayden- I own an XLV and absolutely love the boat and the wake!! I've recently ridden behind an '04 VLX and I liked the wake, but I didn't like it as much as mine. It was rampy and a smooth transition but it just didn't have the kick I like. Mine however, is a little steeper with a great kick at the top which just throws you into the air. I love it!!! The owner of that VLX rode behind my boat and found himself saying he likes my wake better. One of his crew also tried out my wake. He had only been behind Malibu's and is a die hard Malibu fan and even he was impressed with the wake behind my XLV. In fact, the first time out, he caught more air than he was used to and hyper-extended his knee. This is not to bash any other boats' wakes, they all have a nice wake when weighted properly especially premier boats of each Manufacturer. I am just telling you how the wake is behind my Moomba XLV (The topic of this thread) which I personally think is Moomba's premier wakeboard boat.

(Message edited by kraig on August 16, 2005)
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-16-2005, 8:34 PM Reply   
Kraig, if I am the Jeff, you made me do a little research after the last thread. These are not the Moombas of old, much diffrent. Took a gander at one when I went to pick a few things up at a local dealer. I still stick to my guns, it is not an Xstar, but not many boats (including mine) are. But they are far from what a lot of people think they are, they are much nicer.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-16-2005, 8:43 PM Reply   
Jeff- You are the Jeff I was referring to. I agree with you that mine is not an X-Star and that was never in question. The X-Star in an awesome boat. Glad to see you looked at a few Moombas. Did you check out the XLV? I think the XLV will impress you more than any other Moomba.

BTW, great pic of your Session in your profile. Yellow on a boat has grown on me in the last year. I like the color yellow on a boat, it looks sharp. The sessions are a unique boat with stying all their own. I've never actually seen one in person so I have no personal experience with them but I would definitly check one out if I had the opportunity.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-16-2005, 8:51 PM Reply   
The pic is blurry, and not to clear. The yellow was my last choice of colors (they only have 6 colors), but it is slowly growing on me. I really liked the triple black they had, looked pretty sinister, but no way I'd want the headaches of an all black boat. So yellow it was, but for the price it could have been pink. They are unique, the XI is like no other, the SI (like mine) isn't to diffrent than alot boats. Ever out my way, you're invited to check it out, just let me know. One of only forty sold on the left coast.

"If I lived in your area, I'd invite you out to ride!!" Heck if I loaded up the motorhome, I'd be at your place by the weekend!
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-16-2005, 8:56 PM Reply   
I was actually just looking at boats this afternoon and with the budjet i have its looking like a moomba may be the best bet... (works out to be even cheaper than a V-ride or a Tige Switch V )
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-16-2005, 8:56 PM Reply   
Here are a few pics of my XLV named "Tsunami" from our annual Lake Havasu trip back in May.

Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-16-2005, 9:05 PM Reply   
dude that boat is huge! I bet the wake is killer..
Old     (ethomass)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-16-2005, 9:27 PM Reply   
Kraig, wish you lived a little closer, i would love to try that boat out. Still have yet to see one in real life. Great looking boat though
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-16-2005, 9:35 PM Reply   
Beautiful. Wish I had the sack to buy a black boat. With all the stuff (old docks, garage doors, logs, random trash) floating in the delta, and all the dirt and grime, I couldn't deal. Take about 1 season for it to look like a black boat with random white pinstripes!

Havasu can be good time, my parents live nearby (near Bullhead). We usually do Parker once or twice a year. That whole area has a lot diffrent of a vibe than up here
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-17-2005, 7:04 AM Reply   
Kraig,

I like the color scheme.

Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-17-2005, 10:51 PM Reply   
yes my wake looks small in the photo, its bigger in person and i have the wake shaped very very mellow, so its as smooth as possible and as clean as possible. if i adjust my wake plate up alittle bit it is much much steeper, i will try and take some better pics and post.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-18-2005, 8:07 AM Reply   
Cliff if you buy a new 210 and let Jeff pick the colors, I'm coming back to Seattle! JK