Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-30-2010, 11:14 AM Reply   
Just realized on our cross country trip we're going to be in Florida on the 10th of September. Thats the same day Surf Expo starts! So we decided to change up our trip itinerary a little bit so we can attend! Anybody else going to be there on the 10th! Also where should we drop the boat in the water by Orlando for a little wakeboarding fun?

www.26states30lakes.com
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-30-2010, 11:19 AM Reply   
The 10th is a Friday sooo ... We'll prolly be around for Expo that weekend.

Drop in Clear, everybody should ride there at some point in their wakeboard career... and you'll prolly see some sick riders out taking sets as well.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       08-23-2010, 5:07 PM Reply   
Up!
Who'll be there?
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-23-2010, 5:16 PM Reply   
I wiil be there for sure...
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       08-23-2010, 7:13 PM Reply   
dont you need like a special pass to go to surf expo. Or is it pretty much open to the public with like an entree fee?
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-23-2010, 7:31 PM Reply   
NOT open to the public. You need to be invited / own or work for a shop or manufacturer and you have to be 16 ot older, although I have seen that rule bent a little.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-23-2010, 7:54 PM Reply   
The 16 year rule can only be modified with approval of one of the companies who have goods on display. The companies are there to show their goods to potential shop owners/buyers. They don't want lots of people in just looking, distracting from the "business" going on.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-23-2010, 8:37 PM Reply   
"Business"....you mean industry party. Actually ASR is the industry party and least Surf Expo has some semblance of "business".
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-24-2010, 8:27 AM Reply   
I will be there!
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-24-2010, 9:47 AM Reply   
RT & I will be there!
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-24-2010, 12:05 PM Reply   
I will be there went for the first time last year..and yes they are pretty strick about who gets in. Its only for people in the bizz. and you have tobe registered ahead of time. They dont let you bring in cameras either. we got a small one in last time but my budy had a nice camera and they made him take it back to the car. Good luck getting in.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-24-2010, 12:34 PM Reply   
Think I have an in and no thanks to you KKO. Will let you know maybe we can meet up there.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-24-2010, 1:14 PM Reply   
Everybody come by the Shred Ready booth
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-24-2010, 8:31 PM Reply   
This is gonna be my first year at Surf Expo and I couldnt be more stoked! I cant wait to get down there and take it all in.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       08-25-2010, 8:57 AM Reply   
Luker, I sure will! Looks like we'll meet soon after all.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-25-2010, 11:11 AM Reply   
Awesome man! How random... We're planning another trip to Costa probably in January or summer again next year... we'll definitely plan on coming and shreddin with ya!

You guys got a booth?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-25-2010, 11:39 AM Reply   
I was going to try and go prior to breaking my hand. LAME!!!
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       08-25-2010, 12:01 PM Reply   
Hey Luker, no booth, just visiting.
I like the sound of your plans to come back here, will be wicked!
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-25-2010, 6:27 PM Reply   
quote "I will be there went for the first time last year..and yes they are pretty strick about who gets in. Its only for people in the bizz. and you have tobe registered ahead of time. They dont let you bring in cameras either. we got a small one in last time but my budy had a nice camera and they made him take it back to the car. Good luck getting in"
Dude I am just a pee-on...I am lucky to make the list myself..you want hooked up you got to talk to Da-man..Well any way hope to see you there. We can talk about your new RZR!
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-27-2010, 4:57 AM Reply   
ummm getting into surf expo isn't that difficult. you only have to show proof of working in some sort of industry related shop with a business card and it's not just surf, skate and wake, it's clothing, sunglasses etc so pre register with whatever creative name you want, go over to kinkos, print out a business card and you are in. my dad owns optical stores so we just register under that. expo really isn't that great unless one of the companies is giving out free booze like ronix did before. it's the parties at night that are sick, but I cant remember if you need your badge for them. i would imagine not. also if you can only get two passes, ie a guest and employee pass and have 3 people, 2 of you go in and then one of you come back up the esclalator with the other pass.
all the passes do is say your name and age.
Old     (hamislice)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-27-2010, 8:30 AM Reply   
Will be there. Come check out the Ten-80 booth. Party Sat. night is dope. I think all you have to do is sign up for it somewhere during expo, and they give you wristbands for it then.
Old    mojo            08-27-2010, 2:37 PM Reply   
expo is great if you have friends that go and like seeing the new product in person.