Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (jroth97gt)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-10-2008, 3:52 AM Reply   
Hey guys,
I'm currently in the market for an older v-drive and would love to find a ps205v in my price range. I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on how much the zero-flex towers fold. I have to store the boat in the garage so I'm afraid I may have a clearance issue with the door. I put a monster tower on the boat I have (or had) now so I never had an issue. I really need a dimension from the ground up to the highest point on the tower with it folder and on the trailer. But if anybody has any info on the subject I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
Old     (99xstar99)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-10-2008, 6:04 AM Reply   
I have a 99 XSTAR with the original zero-flex and i can not get it in a regular height garage.
Old     (h2oboy)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-10-2008, 6:41 AM Reply   
Not sure why you cant fit it in your garage... It fits in ours
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-10-2008, 6:58 AM Reply   
When collapsed forward into the bow, it shouldn't be much higher than the line of the windshield.

Cody
XTP
Old     (jroth97gt)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-10-2008, 8:17 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info so far guys. Does the old zero-flex vs the new fold any different? Unfortunatel I'll probably just have to take a tape measure if/when I find a boat. I was just hoping to get a pretty good idea before hand in case I need to rule out that tower in general. Our sunsport didn't have a bunch of extra clearance between the windhield and door so that's why I'm worried.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-10-2008, 8:19 AM Reply   
I would agree with the above. For the post 2001 zero flex towers, they fold close to the height of the windsheild. I believe my garage door is 7 feet, and I have an inch or two of clearance from the tower.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       04-10-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
Just went thru this on TT if you want to read about it there...

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=22413

MC also had this listed in the '04 manual (can download online at http://www.mastercraft.com/index.php?znfAction=Manual
Upload
Upload
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       04-10-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
Please keep in mind a DA (dual axle) MC trailer sits about 1" lower than a single axle MC trailer.
Old     (jroth97gt)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-10-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
Thanks Paul, that helps a ton!
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       04-10-2008, 11:01 AM Reply   
No problem Joe. Just keep in mind that those were for my conditions, so they could vary a bit.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-10-2008, 3:39 PM Reply   
hee hee paul. :-)

still waiting on that dang title. should have it home next week.

getting pretty anxious.
Old     (jroth97gt)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-13-2008, 5:12 AM Reply   
Any specific info on the older style zero-flex towers? Do those just fold completely forward?
Also, dumb question here, I'm really not a fan of the older style but am looking at a couple boats with them. Any chance you could replace it with the new style and have the holes patched (and actually look good)?? Don't suppose you could use the same mounting holes for the front legs?? Thanks
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       04-13-2008, 8:08 AM Reply   
If I'm not mistaken the older towers folded back. The front legs where pinned. I'm sure you could get the gel fixed if you found someone good at it. BTW...some of these towers (in the picture) were prone to cracking so look them over carefully.
Upload