Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-05-2008, 3:33 PM Reply   
A few months ago there was such a buzz around Hyperlite's Sub VI board... and now nothing. Just wondering if anybody actually bought it, or if it was just a "hype" board
Old     (sculmosis5)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-05-2008, 3:40 PM Reply   
Redline Watersports has one in size 142. The board is really cool and so light! I really want to ride it. Redline is located in Madison, WI if anyone is interested.

(Message edited by sculmosis5 on February 05, 2008)
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-05-2008, 4:32 PM Reply   
for $800 i cant have 2.5 premiers.....
i think ill stick to the premiers
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-05-2008, 4:34 PM Reply   
boat country already sold one
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-05-2008, 4:35 PM Reply   
Honestly if you aren't trying to spin a 10 instead of a 9 or a 9 instead of a 7, what is the sub6 going to do for you...i can tell you that if you want it so you can turn your 5 into a 7 THEN SAVE YOUR MONEY lol because you might be able to rotate that extra 180 but spinning an extra 180 is easy, the landing is what is hard and the sub6 isn't helping you with sticking a trick
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-05-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
Over hyped...

I saw one a while back, and was totally for it, but it's not worth 1000 dollars with bindings. maybe if it was 400, but 800 is just to steep, and correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think they have any team riders on it right now!! I'm a Hyperlite guy, and just not a big fan of this board! As soon as it warms up I'm taking our demo out though lol!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-05-2008, 4:39 PM Reply   
There isnt even a pro rider riding it lol!
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-05-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
If pro's rode this board as a regular ride, they would break one a week
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       02-05-2008, 7:59 PM Reply   
Dri Port sold one already also

Dri Port is located in O'Fallon, MO.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-05-2008, 8:19 PM Reply   
Leo, i saw a picture in WBM's photo issue of rusty doing an indy glide on it. pretty sure it was an indy glide
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-05-2008, 8:30 PM Reply   
Rusty could do an Indy Glide on a 2x4, he is that good.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-05-2008, 9:07 PM Reply   
I think the board is sweet. It looks like it would be a real pleasure to ride if you can afford one. I saw one at the boat show. I flipped it upside down and jumped up and down on top of it. The board is stiff, so it seems like it would snap off of the wake really nice and feel light on the feet.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-05-2008, 9:11 PM Reply   
i think i heard a hyperlite rep saying that rusty rode one for a while on and off in the summer and didn't break anymore than he usually does. when it warms up i'm going to demo one and if i like it i will order one.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-05-2008, 9:37 PM Reply   
i know that most of the norcal hype riders have one. i would ride one too but i cant ride anything that haas fins or doesnt flex because i have been riding the roam ever since it first came out in 05. the board is awsome. super light, responsive and snaps and releases off the wake like nothing else out there. deffinately a board that will push the evolution of board constuction for many years. the price is way up there but im sure in years to come as more companies look into this technilogy the prices will come down
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-05-2008, 9:46 PM Reply   
Rusty rode it for a bit, but is on the Pulse last I heard. When is he comin out with a pro model?!? Come on Hyperlite!!!

I heard that one of their team riders hurt their knee on this, and know one has touched it since... Just boat show rumors, but there might be some truth to it!!
Old     (lachie_mew)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-06-2008, 12:31 AM Reply   
josh the pulse is rusty's pro model
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-06-2008, 5:49 AM Reply   
yup pulse is Rusty's board. The Sub VI is handmade in redmond Washington and so is the Murray. Handmade and made in the U.S.A...means a couple things....Great Quality and slower getting to market. But in the end......IT WILL BE WORTH IT! BTW the Byerly Monarch is made in Redmond too. I almost bet anyone...that the pros will be riding this board a lot...but who cares.....I mean if the pros ride it..it does sell boards...thats why they have to ride their signature models too....ya know what I mean? If you like the 3DS board...you will definitely love the SubVI.....same shape...but stinken light. By far it is the lightest board. I weighed my new 08 murray 140 and weighed my 07 frontier 137...the murray is lighter. Hyperlite is making improvements on weight. For some that would not make a difference.....for advanced riders...it might make a difference. Both the Murray and Sub VI will be a lot different because the amount of flex compared to a traditional foam board. The materials they make the SUB VI out of....cost 19 times the cost of your traditional foam boards as well. HO is not really making much profit when you figure in engineering, design, and tooling costs. The board is definitely worth it from that stand point. Plus they are backing it up with warranty. Try it... Buy the thing...ride it and love it. If you break it...get a new one. But don't rip the price....if you can not afford one...just leave it at that. There are a lot of great boards out there at all pricing.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-06-2008, 11:45 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the info Scott!! I haven't been able to find anything about this board, besides it's expensive, and supposed to be revolutionary!

I love the new Byerly Monarch, I have a friend that's on one, and that PVC core is LIGHT!! Last I heard the Murray got switched from the original core to a cheaper/easier to produce core. It brought the price down, and added a little weight to the board. This is straight from a Hype rep, not word of mouth. definitely can't wait to try out the SUB6, but the price isn't for me, I wish I could afford it!!

I'm on the Tribute right now, and absolutley love it!!

Keep up the good work Hype!!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-06-2008, 5:40 PM Reply   
josh- what would someone hurting their knee have anything to do with what board they were riding.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-06-2008, 6:27 PM Reply   
No idea whatsoever. I just repeated what I heard. Wish I knew more, but that's what the rep said when we were talkin about the board!!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-06-2008, 6:35 PM Reply   
saw one at the boat show
very odd
very light
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-06-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
Josh...I heard that too about the Murray board. If I am not mistaken...at first it was going to be the same nova core as the Sub VI, but then they changed it to a new core called fusion. It still is not the same foam core that they are using in all the other models. So it is a step up from the standard foam core but a little heavier than the Nova core. But i did weigh my 137 Ronix Frontier (which is a nice light board) and then weighed the 140 Murray....and the Murray checks in lighter. So there is something different going on there. Plus the Murray technically has more surface area...most likely due to the canted footbed...but for the size and surface area in comparison....is is a nice light board.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-06-2008, 6:44 PM Reply   
Josh...when you get a chance..give this new Murray a spin....IT IS AWESOME!