Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old    wickedwake            06-20-2005, 10:30 AM Reply   
Dear Sir ,

First I will like to tell you that I am in United Kingdom and the boat is in Square Trade's custody in US the boat will be shipped from there on my expence .
The boat is like new , in perfect condition . I am selling this boat because the shipping to Europe will cost me to much .I have this boat from my father in law .The Buy it now price is $5,700 . I will sell the boat to the first one that makes a 2,850 $ deposit through Square Trade .

To be fair with all possible buyers I will sell the boat to the first buyer that will arange the Square Trade deposit payment . If you are able to make the payment today or tomorrow you will be the next owner of this boat .

Terms & Conditions Shipping and handling:

The shipping address must be provided before sending the deposit payment. The boat will be shipped through JC MOTORS or DAS Shipping Company . The boat will only be sent after receiving the deposit payment. I agreed with eBay Square Trade to send my boat to its warehouse since I am not in US .
This way, both sides (seller and buyer) are insured by eBay.

Payment:

If you will offer the buy it now price I will suport all the shipping from the warehouse to your address .

For the deposit payment i would like to use eBay Square Trade as a third party . They will keep your money until you get the boat and will release it to me upon delivery .

Here are my name and address you need for the payment in case you decide to buy the boat :

Regina Salgado
22 Merton High Street
London SW19 1DN
United Kingdom

The boat is ready for shipment, i just need the payment confirmation from Square Trade with the transfer's details and the boat will be delivered to your address.
REFUND-After the boat arrives, you have a 7 days period for inspection. If the boat is different than the way i've described it, 100% refund - transfer fees and the boat will be shipped back to the warehouse on my expence. Anyway, i don't think it will be necesary, you'll love this boat from very first moment you'll see it.
Buy with confidence!
I will have pay for an insurance to eBay Square Trade as proof my trustworthiness.
Thanks for the conceded time .
I am looking forward to your reply.

Regina Salgado

So what do you guys think? Is this that same scam that has been around for years or what?
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-20-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
Sounds like a scam. Unless eBay has changed, they don't maintain a warehouse for holding personal property. There are 3rd party companies out there that provide services for buyers and sellers of high dollar items on eBay, but even with those, there are many horror stories of tens of thousands of dollars being supposedly secured and then it's gone without any item being delivered.
Old    wickedwake            06-20-2005, 10:41 AM Reply   
Dam..I want this boat but usually when it seems to good to be true it usually is...I wanted to beleive it wasnt a scam....
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-20-2005, 10:43 AM Reply   
Classic scam.... run.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-20-2005, 10:44 AM Reply   
yes it is a scam.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-20-2005, 10:44 AM Reply   
I'd be willing to bet that the address is just a drop point. Most of these scams are being run out of coffee houses in Nigeria.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-20-2005, 10:55 AM Reply   
scam
Old     (98_searay)      Join Date: May 2004       06-20-2005, 11:15 AM Reply   
Dear Sir ,

"First I will like to tell you that I am in United Kingdom and the boat is in Square Trade's custody in US the boat will be shipped from there on my expence" ANYTHING WITH THAT AS THE OPENING LINE IS A SCAM!
-alex-
Old     (2step)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-20-2005, 11:16 AM Reply   
It's a scam, I have delt with this same guy before. Report it to eBay and they will investigate.
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       06-20-2005, 11:56 AM Reply   
There was a scam on ebay talked about on this site last week. Go down the page and find "Tige 22V for $15K". It was a legitimate ebay account hijacked by scammers. They were getting people to send a deposit by Western Union to hold the deal. A fellow wakeworld member was taken for $2500. Bottom line, don't part w/ the money until the boat is on your hitch and the title in your hand.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-20-2005, 12:40 PM Reply   
If it sounds go good to be true, it is. I got taken a few times in life (speakers out of the back of a truck, etc) and use that as my reality check now.
Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-20-2005, 1:02 PM Reply   
http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

Old    tige_kid            06-20-2005, 1:23 PM Reply   
what kind of boat is it?
Old    wickedwake            06-20-2005, 1:53 PM Reply   
It was a 2002 X-9 for 5700 LOL. Well at least i wasnt a big enough idiot to do something, like send some $$$, thanks for showing me the light guys!
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       06-20-2005, 2:20 PM Reply   
I am loosing so much faith in eBay that I don't think I will ever shop there again.
Old    phatair            07-06-2005, 6:55 PM Reply   
Just found the same scam again. Exact wording, this time its a 2003 X-2 for $5900 US. We found the exact boat on iboat.com same pictures and all. Actual price $45K+... to bad
Old    mendo247            07-06-2005, 8:23 PM Reply   
i posted my boat in the classifieds here and had a scammer contact me..look out!!! he says he is a dealer and is paying more than i am asking and wants me to wire the money once i cash the cashiers check..i told him to send it anyways im gonna take it to my bank and see how long it takes them to figure out its fake...i wish i could get this guys real address so me and my boys could pay him a visit...
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-07-2005, 12:25 AM Reply   
Any one stupid enough to think they can buy anything on Ebay for a 10th of its true value deserve taking to the cleaners.
Look upon it as paying for lessons at the university of life.