Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (lcannon13)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-02-2011, 8:18 PM Reply   
What is the most creative thing you have seen a board company do to market itself and product? What would you like to see more of or what would entice you to look more into a brand to buy some of their product?

Thanks to all that reply.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-02-2011, 8:21 PM Reply   
SINE Experimental Durability Testing./thread
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-02-2011, 8:35 PM Reply   
Ben.... so true. So so true. haha
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-02-2011, 8:41 PM Reply   
+1 for SINE. AWESOME.

Not really creative, but more perfect.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-02-2011, 8:43 PM Reply   
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-02-2011, 8:46 PM Reply   
I like what CWB has been doing. I always enjoy their adds on the site & they have some real funny web videos. It looks like they are having a great time and that's what gets me pumped to ride

I won't name crews, but I'm so over the t-shirt riding tuff guy that hates his job attitude.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-03-2011, 2:33 AM Reply   
First- great question. Really had to think, and had to think historically...

I don't mean for this to come off as total kiss-assing or answering with a softball/vague answer, but for me it was the way the Squirt was introduced - the very first one. What was creative about it?

The board was.

Then they affixed Gator to one, and it was done. It's really all they needed to do.

They totally broke into new territory with that board. It was unlike anything else at the time, it was a huge leap, and it totally worked.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-03-2011, 2:47 AM Reply   
Another one, Ronix's slow emergence.
They maintained radio silence and went off to build a product line and team that blew up so fast for them (in a good way).

Juuuuuuuuust as I was getting mildly annoyed with the lack of any sort of information, we started seeing product and it was, for the most part, beautiful.
If they had gone another couple months with the metaphoricalwaterwonderland stuff I would have been super annoyed. They made people wait, but not so much that people were getting irritated. Clever. Then just the simple ads, simple approach, understated superiority. All of this made Ronix coming up real interesting.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-03-2011, 6:33 AM Reply   
Ronix and SINE so different but soo good!
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-03-2011, 2:04 PM Reply   
Sine= Carls Jr $6 burger ad campaign.

Hot chicks, suggestive but subliminal and gets the point across.
Old     (russian)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-06-2011, 10:46 AM Reply   
Skulls, and more skulls!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-07-2011, 11:05 AM Reply   
not the beginner marketing 101 hype build model that every 17 yr old seems to think is brilliant, yet those companies always seem struggle
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       02-07-2011, 9:48 PM Reply   
This isn't really about ad campaigns per se...but I remember liking ronix's entrance, but out of any wakeboarding company, I enjoyed the emergence of company the most. They had the company wake blog for about half a year or a year (I can't remember) prior that allowed for small peeks at the product's development, and it also gave justin a voice. then they had some cool random ****, like that image of tom seleck (sp) and the company logo...I just thought that looked bad ass. I just remember being really excited to check things out at their launch at expo. now it's not as fun for me because the blog isn't updated and I don't use twitter, but even those one trick videos they released over the past year were something cool.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-08-2011, 6:31 AM Reply   
I like how CWB is making it fun.