Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-14-2008, 6:54 AM Reply   
I was looking for some suggestions on a new pair of bindings. I'm still on my '05 Murray bindings which I love. I can get them very tight, they have great heel hold, and they are very comfortable. My biggest beef is that they are VERY difficult to get into and out of.

So I'm looking for something that will feel very secure and tight for my skinny foot and has good ankle support. I've been on Murray/Hyperlite bindings forever...Moon boots, 2001 Belmonts, 2004 Temets, and now 2005 Murrays. I wanted to like the new Murray 2008 bindings but that tounge is very painful on your shin, plus there were loose spots around my foot. I have also tried on the Cells and Ones which I liked, but they didn't feel as secure as I would like, althogh I thought they were more comfortable than the Murrays. The Zues I didn't care for much and seemed too wide for my very skinny foot.

What I liked best so far were the Watson's. I haven't tried any Liquid Force boots in a long time because I always felt their footbed was too wide. Well, they felt great and had a good overall pressure around my foot.

So are there any I'm missing and are people happy with their Watson's? It's often hard to tell from just trying them in the shop. Thanks!
Old     (troylaw)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-14-2008, 7:19 AM Reply   
love my watson's. def will get watson's again when time to upgrade. I have never came out of them in 1 1/2 years on them. great binding with zero probs for me.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-14-2008, 7:22 AM Reply   
Oh, and I have a 2007 CWB Transcend. Somebody had told me that with the Liquid Force baseplates that I couldn't ride all the way out on the widdest holes on my board. Is that right??
Old     (skelley19)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-14-2008, 8:48 AM Reply   
I have a pair of '07 Watson CTs and love them. They are super easy to get in and out of but once they are cinched up your foot is good and locked down. I have never come out of them on a crash and have taken quite a few nasty ones this season. Not sure about not being able to ride all the way out on your CWB but I don't see why that wouldn't be possible.

You mentioned that you have a skinny foot and that you like HL bindings so you may want to check out the ERAs because i know they are designed for a narrower foot. I have no experience with them but I saw them in the shop and they are noticeably narrower than other bindings. Good luck!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-14-2008, 8:56 AM Reply   
you can ride all the way out on the cdub boards. at least on the '08 marius my watsons were all the way out.

i've been through ab 7 pairs of watsons in 2 seasons that basically dont ever end. most comfortable bindings ever. i get them a size smaller so they're nice and snug so i think thats the contributing factor in my breaking them all the time. that an i'm big and have a big foot.

i'm all over the 09 ct's tho. gonna have me a pair of those for sure.
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-14-2008, 11:43 AM Reply   
If you want bindings that are easy to get into and out of I'm gonna have to disagree with Shawn's suggestion of the Hyperlite Eras. While they do seem to be a bit narrower than most bindings they are also ridiculously hard to get on and off. They don't loosen up much and are probably in the top 3 hardest bindings to put on that I've tried. LF bindings are pretty easy to get on and short of CWB, which you said didn't fit you well, are what I would recommend. Actually my brother rides Transits and they work well with his feet which are pretty narrow. You might want to check those out too if you have the chance.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-14-2008, 11:49 AM Reply   
OK, thanks. I know everybody has a different opinion and it's going to be what fits me best, but some feedback does help. I have not tried the Transists.

I had heard good things about the Atlas (newer 3DS's) but they seem extremely hard to get into for me. It's a tough decision but I think the Watson's are my front runners right now.