Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (kstrongsyj)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-20-2008, 9:16 PM Reply   
A year or two ago I saw a set of racks at a boat show and I cant find em again. It was a triple rack with a wakeboard on top, surf board in the middle and wakeboard on the bottom. Anybody know of this rack? Help!!!
Old     (steedracer)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-20-2008, 9:41 PM Reply   
could it have been this...

http://www.dbot5.com/racks.html

plus this...
http://www.dbot5.com/strapon.html

Thought I'd try.
Old     (kstrongsyj)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-20-2008, 9:56 PM Reply   
I appreciate it, but that wasn't it. This was literally all three board stacked...just like a standard rack only wider with a surf board in the middle.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-21-2008, 5:34 AM Reply   
NVS is coming out with one very soon. Two board racks on the top and one surf rack on bottom.
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-21-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
the beauty of the dbot system is you can put wakeboards or surfboards in the main rack. versatility. three surfboards, three wakeboards, or any combination...
Old     (kstrongsyj)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-21-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
I found it! But damn....expensive!

http://www.seasickusa.com/tri-fectapro.htm
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-21-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload

Dbot5 and Monster. The strap on has a bigger mouth than the dual Dbot5 wakesurf board rack.

My boat came with two Monster racks that are going in to their third season. The finish on the Monster racks is bubbling up. I wouldn't buy a monster rack new.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-21-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
Ya, that's too pricey for my blood.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-26-2008, 8:31 AM Reply   
Would there be interest out in the market for a WakeSurf only rack? I have access to 2 machine, one is family, the other is a very good friends shop. We have the machines to machine out billet to make the racks. I've already got a few ideas, but what do y'all think? Anything you think could be improved upon form the racks available now, specifically with surfboards in mind? We've started doing alot of surfing and it sucks that most of our boards wont fit the racks and the quivers crowd up the boat really fast
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-26-2008, 8:38 AM Reply   
It's already been done. Didn't you see Dbot, Monster Tower,...?

A rack that only does wakeboards is a waste.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-26-2008, 9:01 AM Reply   
I just figured if I could offer up something of quality at a more competitive price, why not. It may be a waste for you, but it wouldn't be a waste on my boat
Old    surfdad            05-26-2008, 9:13 AM Reply   
I think you misunderstood Show, he said wakeBOARD only is a waste. We almost surf exclusively...well we will wen I get my boat running again. My issues with the racks are they don't offer enough support for our competition glass schedule and so the fingers on most racks cause dents. I also have a fairly narrow opening to my shop and need a rack that is almost vertical on the tower. Finally, my tower has almost no vertical tubing, it's curved or angled. I'd buy something that would address all of that and was a wakesurf only rack.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-26-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
Dont buy them if you have reagular surfboards, like the size of the placebo they dont fit jamesz
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-26-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
Right, Jeff, on my boat wakeBOARD racks are largely a waste. I like the Dbot wakesurf racks. They fit wakeBOARDS and wakeSURF boards. Inland Surfers fit nicely in the Dbot racks. Walzer and Walker skim boards don't fit very well in wake board racks.

TX I absolutely wish you the best with this effort. Note that most wakeboard racks are made in China. Where you will excel is in your proximity to the market, listening and understanding, and the opportunity for innovation. Make something that works better for us and I suspect that we'll buy it.

So given that what does everyone need in a rack?

Do you know how difficult it is to get the tie-in bungee over the top of our really wide wakesurfers? Solve that problem and you’ll have something unique. The Mastercraft wakeboard racks are amazing. They might work for skim boards and there’s no rope.

The biggest rack I have is the Dbot “strap on”. I can fit my long board in that one. Don’t try to extrapolate that in to anything but a discussion on wakesurf boards and wakesurf board racks.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-26-2008, 5:59 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. I would be open to any input. My crew and I have already been drawing up some plans and we have an idea that will work perferct for completely and securely holding the boards in place. We will have cad drawings by wednesday and going from there to my uncles machine shop.

One thing we were mixed about was is it important to have your boards stored at an angle? or would vertical or perpendicular to the boat be ok? Our idea will work on any position, so that is not a factor. We all com from surfing backgrounds too, so we know how fragile these boards can be, yet that they need to be firmly held. We're gonna go a little further and see what happens
Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-26-2008, 6:06 PM Reply   
Agree with you about the Mastercraft racks. By far the best in the boating industry. No bunge to ever smack you in the face! The only board we can't fit in the rack is our Shred Stix JaMako.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-26-2008, 9:09 PM Reply   
The ball is already getting in motion. We'll see how things are in a week or so, so far, so good. Ok, I'm keeping my mouth shut for now.