Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-11-2012, 10:33 AM Reply   
Anybody here ride the cable up on Montreal? I live in northern VT and haven't ridden in a while, jonesing for a boat ride but was pondering a day trip to beach club. I know there are some people who throw down, I think I've seen a rider profile of someone who rides up there but I was wondering overall how it stacks up to other cables in the US as I've only been to OWC and Wake Nation.

Other than that, anybody semi-close to me have a boat and a crew and ride, VT NH or Canada? Mtn biking hasn't completely filled the void that lakes and riding created.
Old     (greg_smith)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-11-2012, 12:22 PM Reply   
I'm from Toronto, but I've been there a couple times. It's the only cable park I've ever been to so I can't really say how it compares to other parks. I can tell you that it's definitely a fun time though. I would make a weekend out of it though rather than just a day. There is a water-park right next door, which comes in handy when your body needs a break from wakeboarding. There's other stuff to do there too, like volleyball, kayaking, paddleboating, etc. It's fun to just chill out on the beach, or by the pool with a beer when you just want to relax. Just a heads up though, the beer is expensive, and the food is terrible. I would venture off-site for lunch if I were you. There is a little town called Saint-Eustache about 10 minutes away where there is a motel, and a couple decent places to eat.

If you're ever in the Toronto area, more specifically Peterbourgh, let me know!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-11-2012, 2:11 PM Reply   
Thanks for the heads up! I've been so long without riding, to be honest, I have heard its cool but I don't care about the other stuff. I could probably ride 8 hrs with a broken bone and I wouldn't know - I'm jonesing that bad... I will check it out likely in the next week or so and give a report
Old     (greglb842)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-12-2012, 12:10 PM Reply   
How far on the water are you from isle la motte? I am directly across from there in My. 3 minute boat ride.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-12-2012, 7:14 PM Reply   
Google maps says 1:20
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-23-2012, 1:16 PM Reply   
I am thinking about hitting BC up this weekend if anyone on here is going, or thinking about going - that is, if I kick my cold...

Does anyone know when it closes for the season?
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-23-2012, 3:38 PM Reply   
Pretty sure it's closed for the weekend because Canadian Cable Comp is Sunday... check before you make the drive. Might be open Saturday