Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-13-2008, 11:39 AM Reply   
I've seen alot of pictures of riders really tweaking their mehods out in front of them, i'm was wondering if anybody out there had some tips on how to really get that board over there. I can take just a regular method pretty big, but that extra bit would be awesome. Thanks! Really appreciate it!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-13-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
It's all about coming in strong and really standing tall and trying to boost UP! Once you get the big pop bone your back leg out and use the grab to help pull the board across. Attached is a pic of about as good as I can do.
Upload
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-13-2008, 12:35 PM Reply   
I just can't get the bottom of the board to look at the boat. I think its scurred. Do you push the handle over you grabbed hand or is the back foot boning doing all the work?
Old     (roswell_wakeair)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-13-2008, 12:44 PM Reply   
I think about mellowing my edge a bit on the approach and I get really low in a crouch for my methods- Straight up pop after that and bone the back leg as if you were trying to twist it back around your front leg....

Upload
Upload
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-13-2008, 12:47 PM Reply   
I approach the wake a little more advanced on the handle, with weight a lil more forward than normal, then you advance on the handle a lil more
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-13-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
Since you have the handle it is a little bit easier to do this but when snowboarding I think about bringing my back hand across my body. (like everyone's photos above) It really helps you bring the tweak around in front of you. When you bring you back hand up you do more of a Jim Rippy style method which is a bit more of the arched back style. Both dope, a lot harder to do on a wakeboard.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-13-2008, 1:01 PM Reply   
awesome... hopefully i'll have pix of mine today or tomorrow... really appreciate the input ya'll!
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-13-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
not that is matters in this thread...but i personally think that the bottom of the board needs to be in full visibilty to the peeps in the boat to really nail a method...thats always my goal anyways. happy tweaking!
Old     (czap)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-13-2008, 1:53 PM Reply   
What got me doin my pretty decent was watching Vandall do his... HE pops then with both hands pulls the rope to the back of his lead hip into a two handed backside shifty, after doin that he takes his hand off to grab.. I tried it and it worked for me!!

even tho you cant tell in this pic.. haha
Upload
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-13-2008, 3:35 PM Reply   
lots of YOGA
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-13-2008, 4:11 PM Reply   
Okay so maybe learning a proper method is a two step process. First perform the method without the grab to get the proper twisting and body position, THEN go for the grab.