Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old    falcon_v            04-01-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
My question is how or what parts do I need to hook up my mp3 player to my sony deck. I have them listed below. It is ok if I cant control the MP3 with the head unit.

SanDisk Sansa® e200 Series MP3 Players
http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Catalog(1166)-SanDisk_Sansa_e200_Series_MP3_Players.aspx

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=221050&i=158CDXF50M&tp=1721
Upload
Upload
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-01-2008, 9:37 AM Reply   
That deck has an aux-in (rca on far right). You just need a mini-jack to RCA cable to plug into the back of the deck. You'll have to control the Mp3 player.
Old    falcon_v            04-01-2008, 11:51 AM Reply   
Is It actually the rca or is it that blue hole on the right
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-01-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
It's the one on the left. It's labeled "Bus Audio in / AUX in"
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-01-2008, 1:26 PM Reply   
Yea, the RCA's on the left.
Old     (cptsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-01-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
From when I tried it on the same stereo four years ago,the plug on the right in blue is the same size as a ministereo plug, but the stereo only recognizes a sony format on the input signal. Neither my zen or ipod mini stereo worked on mine.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-01-2008, 7:44 PM Reply   
The blue plug on the right is the "Remote In". (Wired Remote Control)
Old     (bladeaustin)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-02-2008, 8:34 AM Reply   
So you are saying you can use a RCA plug from your IPOD to the blue hole on the right and control music from your IPOD?
Old     (ptrk1401)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-02-2008, 8:54 AM Reply   
Does any one know a god system for a 98 Malibu? I am going to take out old head unit and the four speakers. I found a system on overtons made by Pyle. This system has the head unit, 2 subs, two speakers (which i need to buy two more) and an 1000W AMP. Any ideas on a system?
Old     (stoddardk)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-02-2008, 11:57 AM Reply   
I had the same issue, and after much investigation this is what I found.
The Audio input on the back is where you will want to plug in from the mp3 player. The catch is that the deck will not turn these "on" until it sees the correct signal from the "BUS CONTROL". This system is called Sony Unilink. (Here is some explanation http://users.ntplx.net/~andrew/sony/unilink/ )
You can buy a controller from Best Buy for about $50; It will have Audio connections to the deck, just don't use those.
Another option is to purchase an adapter to fake the signal. These go for about $35 on Crutchfield.

I ended up taking the deck back and getting a Kenwood that had better controls for cheaper.