Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (yates_and_debaux)      Join Date: May 2007       07-18-2007, 12:24 PM Reply   
Anybody out there ever been to Lake Nasworthy in San Angelo, Texas? I am visiting a buddy of mine out there this weekend and he asked me to bring my boat. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-18-2007, 1:19 PM Reply   
There is a wake tourney called wake the desert this weekend at nasworthy i think!
Old     (yates_and_debaux)      Join Date: May 2007       07-18-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
Wes,

Will other boats be allowed on the water during the tourney?
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-18-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
I used to go to that lake when I was stationed in San Angelo. Everyone called it Lake Nasty Water. It's ok for boarding, I wouldn't recommend drinking it though.
Old     (yates_and_debaux)      Join Date: May 2007       07-18-2007, 1:32 PM Reply   
Anybody have any info about where the best place to launch/ride is? How about bad spots on the lake? Thanks.
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       07-18-2007, 1:46 PM Reply   
Cita,

You can ride on any part of the lake except where the tournament is being held.

Keep in mind this will be nothing liek the brazos river but there is a short run on the lake where most people wakeboard, you more of less go around in a circle but this weekend most will be around the tournament so you may have the place all to yourself. I will be at the tournament but if I happen to go out I will be in a Black and Yellow Wakesetter. Holla at me if you see that boat on the water. What color is your Nautique?

Here is some of the info on the tournament:

WAKE THE DESERT 2007
8th ANNUAL SKI SKELLER WAKEBOARD TOURNAMENT
July 20-22 South Concho Park,
Lake Nasworthy, San Angelo, Tx
NEW FORMAT THIS YEAR!!!!!!
Tournament Registration: 10:00 to 11:00 AM Friday July 20
for Jr. Novice & Novice
Start at 12:00 on FRIDAY for Jr. Novice & Novice only
8:30-9:30 AM Saturday July 21 for all other divisions
Start at 10:00 AM SATURDAY
NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
$40 entry fee includes t-shirt, chance to win a Pro model Wakeboard and more cool stuff
Huge raffle Saturday and Sunday with lots of great STUFF
Host Hotel: La Quinta 2307 Loop 306 (325)949-0515 ask for Wakeboard Tournament, rooms are $65 per nite MUST RESERVE BY JULY 6th TO GET THIS RATE

Any questions please call Scott @ Ski Skeller Sports 432-697-0427
RAIL JAM
FRIDAY NIGHT - $$$ CASH PRIZE$$$

AFTER-PARTY
SATURDAY NIGHT @
FIDDLE STRINGS
3301 Arden Road
SAN ANGELO’S #1 BAND
BUGOTA
no cover
BIKINI CONTEST - $$$$CASH$$$$ PRIZE
Old     (yates_and_debaux)      Join Date: May 2007       07-18-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
Mine boat is the all red with black stripe in my profile. Maybe I'll see you out there. Thanks John.
Old     (legit)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-18-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
lake nasty water for sure. last time i was out there there it was pretty shallow, but i think the've dredged it since then.
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       07-18-2007, 3:02 PM Reply   
It is a shallow lake but there are very few bad spots
Old     (yates_and_debaux)      Join Date: May 2007       07-19-2007, 6:14 AM Reply   
I am pretty sure it is a constant level lake.
Old     (yates_and_debaux)      Join Date: May 2007       07-23-2007, 6:20 AM Reply   
Nice riding John. The lake wasn't that bad after all. The circle where everyone boards is ridiculous. I felt like I was a NASCAR driver!
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       07-23-2007, 6:30 AM Reply   
I didn't ride very good but certainly had fun!! I rode in the Masters Div*(over 35) this year...LOL I am getting to old for this shizz. Sorry we never made it out on a boat. I sold my 210 a few weeks ago, my 236 will not be here until August and my buddy with the Wakesetter didn't show up until late Sat afternoon. We ended up just watching everything from shore.

I wish the circle was a little wider and twice as long but we have to deal with it as it is. I told you it was not like the river.
Old     (yates_and_debaux)      Join Date: May 2007       07-23-2007, 7:19 AM Reply   
My friends that are from San Angelo will be coming to ride on the river when the water level goes down. They will be in for a treat.
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       07-23-2007, 7:27 AM Reply   
No joke..alwasy a great time there!! We have been trying to plan a trip but it seems someone always seems to back out or some other problem arises.

I know the river is coming down but but was still 15.5 over full last thursday. I think most of the boat ramps are still under water. Let me know when you are planning your trip and we will see if we can make it the same weekend. Are you going to waketoberfest in Austin?
Old     (yates_and_debaux)      Join Date: May 2007       07-23-2007, 7:34 AM Reply   
We were thinking about going down to Austin, not for sure yet. I'll give you a heads up when the water level is near normal and when we plan on going (hopefully it won't rain anytime soon).