Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-06-2010, 6:13 PM Reply   
I bought the One's January 2nd along with a Ronix Ibex Board (and the 09' Luxe for the wife) this year. The board is killer. I am having trouble with the boots. I have only been out maybe a dozen times at most this season because of bad weather and other things to do. These boots still look brand new. Before the failure these boots were awesome and worked great.

The boots failed where the last loop is on top for the bottom laces. The highest loop is a type of elastic that goes around the ankle. I always pull the straps tight before the point, then pull slack out after these loops and snug them up. The elastic loop broke right off on the outside of the boot. After further inspection the other boot was just about ready to fail as well.

I called my local shop where I purchased the boots and as of now they are offering to trade them for the 2009 Cell or I pay the difference for the 2010 One's. This conversation was a quick one over the phone, I plan on going to the shop tomorrow to see what they have to offer. I have nothing against my local shop, I am sure they are doing what they can based on the Ronix recommendations. I am disgruntled with Ronix. I would prefere to have the One's that I purchased or replacement of equivelant One's that will last longer then a few months.

Anyone have a similar problem?

Anyone ride the Cells? 1. I am afraid of the same failure as it has been noted elsewhere that the material was not up to par. 2. Since the Cells are white and I ride in dirty water, will they turn brown after being out only a few times? 3. Will they fail just like the One's?

Side note- the Luxe already broke where the clip is on the end of the string to clip excess string to a lower lace. This does not affect the performance, so I am not worried about replacement. I just wanted to note it to see if anyone has had anyone problems.

I had CWB board and boots before these and had the same setup for 4+years with no problems. (well minor problem with boots the first summer I had them and CWB stepped up and shipped me brand new boots that were fixed were they broke, no questions asked and they lasted 4+ years).

Are my expectations to high that these boots should last a few years and if not Ronix wqould step up and fix the problem? I would've hoped for a product that lasted longer then what it did for the price. I was expecting better quality believing I was buying one of the top brand and model boots on the market.

I am an intermediate rider so I would not say I am super hard on my equipment.

What are your thoughts?