Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-31-2011, 3:53 PM Reply   
Figure I'd get some opinions from you guys on a new system. Previously I had an 09 Wakesetter 23LSV, it had came with the sound pack 2 option from Malibu with the Rockford amp and interior speakers. I added 2 pairs of Wetsounds Pro 60s powered by their Syn 2 Amp. Also had a Syn1 Powering the WS-XXX Amp. Overall sound was great, but with the Pro 60's behind the boat was just alot of high with a tiny bit of mids. So this go round im trying to solve that problem.

Ive got plenty of room on my new tower (247 LSV) and was about to order a 3-some with another pair of 80's. Then I learned about the new Rev 8's and 10's..... now the dilemma. The new boat has the sound pack 2 again for interiors w amp, 500w amp for the tower speakers (whichever i put up there), and a Rockford 12 w/ amp. Ive never been a fan of Rockford stuff (dont know about the stuff Malibu is using)

I dont want to end up buying 80's if the new Rev series is worth the price upgrade and having new tech that wont be out of date for a while.

What would you guys suggest I do to not end up with a ton of highs behind the boat....

2 Pairs of Pro 80's with 2 Syn2's
3 Some and another pair of 80's
2 Pairs of Rev8s
2 Pairs of Rev10's (only problem is that I want speakers for Brostock weekend and if delivery isnt expected till June 20th im gonna be pushing it)

Thx guys, i know yall are the experts and will steer me in the right direction.

-Calexan
Old     (mjb929rr)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-31-2011, 4:37 PM Reply   
I had 2-pro 485s with a syn 2 on each and they rocked with tons of midbass. I just recently added a pair of pro 80s next to the 485s with a syn 4 bridged on them and it sounds awesome now. I would do 2 485s before i did a threesome.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-31-2011, 5:05 PM Reply   
Rev 10's.. your going to regret not having the best because you couldnt wait.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-31-2011, 5:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb929rr View Post
I had 2-pro 485s with a syn 2 on each and they rocked with tons of midbass. I just recently added a pair of pro 80s next to the 485s with a syn 4 bridged on them and it sounds awesome now. I would do 2 485s before i did a threesome.
Any problem with headroom with the 485s on your boat?

I know all the towers are different, but i hear that putting them on Malibu's is literally a headache (har har)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Rev 10's.. your going to regret not having the best because you couldnt wait.
Yea i would wait, just dont want to be speaker-less for Brostock June 24-26. Est. Rev10's date is the 20th last I saw..... Might just get the dealer to wire the tower and pray that they ship on time. Hell I dont even know if there is a waiting list or something since I dont already have an order in.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-31-2011, 6:16 PM Reply   
Just get ahold of Wetsounds, Im sure they can help you out.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-31-2011, 7:29 PM Reply   
Chris,

PM sent.
Old     (mjb929rr)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-31-2011, 8:21 PM Reply   
pro 80s actually hang lower than the 485s would and the rev10 is in the pro 80 housing. Due to my tower size i actually have the 485s on top of the tower upside down and the 80s below them. I had planned to wait on the rev 10s and then the release date kept getting pushed back. The 8s are already a month behind and I was being impatient. I also didnt feel that the rev 8s or 10s would make much difference over the pro80s considering what I already have on the tower. I will prob eventually upgrade to the 10s but not til they are readily avail.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-01-2011, 5:48 AM Reply   
What are you guys recommending to push the Rev10s if I were to go that way?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-01-2011, 12:59 PM Reply   
Chris,

Do you have the G3 tower?

The REV 8 are shipping now. I would run two pairs of REV 8X with the new G3 side mounts. it will get you a super clean install out on the sides and if you liked the PRO 60's you had, you will LOVE the REV 8's. They are the size of the 60's but have the output of an 80 but a whole new sound signature. They are very smooth across the bandwidth and we built a new motor structure on the mid bass with a new cone material so they have tons of mid bass.

I really think you would like them and you would not push the time for the 10's. The REV 10's are due in on the 22nd. This is the exact date update as of this morning. So not pending any delays, you would still be pushing it to get them on by them. Wish i had better news.

We do have all of our dealers with them on pre order so the moment they get in, they go right back out.

I would run a SYN-2 min for the two REV 8's and if you can swing it, dual SYN-4's! Same with the REV 10's.

Quick note on hang height. The new REV clamps have reduced hang height. So the REV 8 has less hang height than a PRO 60 and the REV 10 has less hang height as a PRO 80!!.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-01-2011, 3:43 PM Reply   
Thanks Tim,

Ok so 2 Syn-4's over 2 Syn-2's? Im Stereo retarded which is why I ask, just thought the Syn-2's had more power.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-01-2011, 3:50 PM Reply   
SYN-2 will do 200x2 at 4 ohms on one pair. And 350x2 at 2 ohms. So when running two pair off a single amp, nets 175 to each speaker.

SYN-4 is a 4 ch amp and when bridged to 2 chs will do 400x2 so twice the power. However since it is only stable to a 4 ohm bridged mode, you cannot run two pairs off a single SYN-4 to net more power. You would have to leave it in 4 ch mode and would be 125x4 at 4 ohms.

So cost effective single amp route on two pairs, SYN-2. But if wanting the most out of the system, Dual SYN-4's bridged on the two pairs.

If someone wants a single pair now and may want to upgrade later to the second pair but not add another amp we opt for the SYN-2 as that gives them the ability.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-01-2011, 4:08 PM Reply   
Dual Syn 4's ordered..... thanks Tim