Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (dusty1414)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-03-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
I know they had some problems with the 07 legacy, but has anybody been ridin the 08 model?
Good, bad what does anybody have to say about this board?
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-03-2008, 5:27 PM Reply   
The '08 does not have the delamination issue. It rides similar to the old Byerly boards (pre '04). It isn't real fast, but has huge pop! However, it is VERY heavy. I went to the Byerly Monarch and LOVE it!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-03-2008, 6:25 PM Reply   
the legacy is deffiantely a sick board. huge pop like kat said and a little on the sluggish side and very heavy. they fixed the minor issues they had with it last year and changed the gaphics for 08.

as far as the monarch goes that board is the sickest board on the market. huge pop like the legacy but looser, lighter and way way way faster.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-07-2008, 9:23 AM Reply   
The monarch is SICK!
Old     (red220)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-07-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
MONARCH IS THE 07 Legacy hurt my ankles everytime I rode.
Old     (bloat)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-15-2008, 1:28 PM Reply   
just had to pipe in after getting my monarch.....it rips....everything the older 3 stage byerly boards had, except more predictability and faster. If you want huge pop and a little loosy goosy on the water....and who doesn't....then tis the board....
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-15-2008, 2:45 PM Reply   
i also agree w/ the monarch, rode one ab. 2 weeks ago and LOVED the board..

i currently ride the one, and for any other one riders out there should for sure demo this board. the board will actually HOLD its edge allll the time, ive noticed riding my one board that everynow and then my edge will slip out from under me and get me all goofed up..

demo the monarch, its sick!!! but $$$$$$$$
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-15-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
+1 for the Monarch. I took one out for an extended demo period and fell in love with that board. Unfortunately, I didn't know the price of the board at the time and wasn't ready to drop that kind of coin considering my skill level.

If anyone is in a similar position, check out the LF Witness. I'm riding a Witness right now and find that it rides similar to the Monarch, at least those aspects that I liked. While I would probably still prefer the Monarch, the Witness is a cheaper alternative than Monarch fans might want to check out.