Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (lakeski)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-19-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
OK, it's on its way to -7 degrees tonight, so I'm thinking about summer on the Great Lakes. Post your pics of the summer on Superior, Michigan, Huron, Erie or Ontario! Here are a few Great Lakes shots...

Milwaukee Harbor / Lake Michigan....
Upload
The Denis Sullivan Tall Ship / Milwaukee Harbor/ Lake Michigan
Upload
Drag Racing a Local Boat / Lake Superior near Duluth, MN
Upload
A rare day of glass at Duluth, MN / Lake Superior
Upload

Let's see some more shots of the Great Lakes!
Old     (rs1071)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-20-2008, 2:47 PM Reply   
I have a couple from the Keewenaw in the UP. This is just outside the west side of the Portage Canal in early September. Rollers were pretty quiet, but it was virtually impossible to find a place to put the anchor on a rocky bottom in 50 degree water. We found this cool waterfall (hard to see in the pics) and had a fun time exploring the side of the cliffs.

Upload
Upload
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-31-2008, 4:06 PM Reply   
....view from my back yard!, lake ontario

Upload

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on January 31, 2008)
Old     (lakeski)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-31-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
I've never made it over to Superior in the UP. Looks great. I hear ya on the cold water. We just cruise on Superior and leave the water sports to the inland lakes.

Nice pic of Ontario, too.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-31-2008, 8:46 PM Reply   
Michael.... you around bluffer's park?

God to love the view sometimes of lake ontario!
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-01-2008, 4:45 AM Reply   
greg.....your right, thats the beach down there..and just out of site to the right would be the yacht club.!......we are so blessed and lucky to have gotton this property....country in the city. here is a couple more shots.
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on February 01, 2008)
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-01-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
thats some badass GTA property right there Mike! , now if only i had one of those monsters in oakville right on the lake and have me a nice 50' offshore :-)
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-01-2008, 9:25 AM Reply   
this is from a few summers back on the ferry ride back after wakestock, 6th place! woo!

Upload
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-01-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
.......right on..thanks......yea those oakville prop. are beauty. It takes me 2 min to get down to the Bluffers Park launch ramp....when we go salmon fishing its 15min from the house to rods set up 4 miles out....this year I am gonna board ontario on them calm days!

...yea thats a sweet view from the water.....its pretty awsome to be out on the lake and see the bluffs and skyline....you def dont think your in the a city.

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on February 01, 2008)