Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-14-2007, 5:55 PM Reply   
They are the only bindings on the 07 line without the new FAST system baseplate and LF hasn't changed the design in 4 years or so. I hope they aren't dropping them for 08! I would be ready for a new pair if they updated them a little bit.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-14-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
Ultras are still my favorite
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-14-2007, 6:30 PM Reply   
theyll never be phased out IMO...too many ppl love them...but also IMO they are getting left behind with all the binding innovation even within the past 2 years...

(Message edited by shavis on February 14, 2007)
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-14-2007, 6:50 PM Reply   
most of the top-end liquid force bindings went to the pro plate this year instead of FAST
Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-14-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
isn't it about the same? That just means the Ultras are TWICE as behind the times as I had originally thought.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-14-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
I agree with Greg though...They are my Fav's too! I continually promote these bindings b/c of the fact that they are 100% No Gimmick!
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-15-2007, 5:54 AM Reply   
I think it doesnt have the FAST system because the whole point of the ultras is being as simple as possible
Old     (dfwharvey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-15-2007, 8:04 AM Reply   
If they get rid of the Ultra I may have to pack up ship, sell everything off and quit the sport. They are the only binding that holds my foot down comfortably. I have tried CWB (hinge tech varieties), other LF (Alpha, Watson, etc.), as well as Hyperlite (just about all) and none of them have been as comfortable or easy to use as the Ultra.
Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       02-15-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
I agree with Manny. I have the Ultra's and I like it because of the simple construction. You put your feet in it, and you can ride. It holds you down like an idiot, and there very comfortable. I don't think Liquid Force drop the Ultra. Maybe in 2008 we get a better version, if this is possible!
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-15-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
Go Wiley's. They are bad to the bone no fluff. I rode the Ultras all last year.

Speaking of F.a.s.t. Is it really fast? Also, who changes the angle of their bindings often enough to justify an innovation that allows them to have more options and change them more quickly. I have been riding for 12 yrs and have changed my bindings 0 times. Plate Power!

Not serious. Just poking fun. LiquidFore makes great stuff.

(Message edited by skiboarder on February 15, 2007)
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-15-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
I used to really like their feel('03 model), but the clear plastic kept ripping on me. Are you guys happy with the quality as of late?
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-15-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
I rode ultras for probably 6-7 seasons and loved them. I always hated the lace binding because of the lace flapping around. I have to say last year I went to the transits and liked them alot. My biggest complaint was the top didn't cover my toes they changed that for the 07 transits. I am looking forward to trying them out.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-15-2007, 4:43 PM Reply   
I think the ultras are definately the best. I think the only imporvements would be to make a material that slides you're foot in easier and i think they can manage to make them even lighter. The ronix bindings are lighter than ultras and they're so big and have so much going on that im sure that technology applied to ultras and they won't weigh anything