Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-17-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
I have a 2004 Launch and finally pulled it out of winter storage today. To my surprise, I found blisters all over the underside of the boat.... it looks like the gelcoat is blistering right where the trailer bunk would go. I've attached a pic but it was taken with my phone so the quality is bad. Just wondering what the warranty is from Skiers Choice. I can't find that info on the Supra website. Also, how do I go about getting this issue fixed under warranty? My boat is a 2004.

Upload
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-17-2007, 4:37 PM Reply   
Also, has anyone else had this problem?
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-17-2007, 4:53 PM Reply   
can't tell what is happening from the pic so i couldnt say.......i work @ a boat shop that does a lot of work on supras......
Old     (h2omantx)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-17-2007, 5:56 PM Reply   
It is hard to see the issue in the pic. Have you tried to buff it out? Is it on the gel coat or is it a larger area that shows deep problems down into the fiberglass. The gel coat warranty is 1 yr. The fiberglass is lifetime (as long as it is not damaged by use or abuse).
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-17-2007, 6:04 PM Reply   
it's nothing you can buff out. It's basically water blisters underneath the boat where the trailer bunk would lie. Looks like little air bubbles all along the bottom of the boat. The pic is some that have popped (basically you are looking at the yellow fiberglass underneath). it's nothing from abuse.... looks to be a factory issue. Already had a gelcoat guy look at it today.
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-17-2007, 6:20 PM Reply   
I think I'd be calling my dealer or Skier's Choice before I started posting it on here. Give them a chance to deal with it, whether it's covered or not. Are you the original owner of the boat?

(Message edited by MHayes on May 17, 2007)
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-17-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
That is called fiberglass osmosis. Here is a website with lots of information. http://www.nauticalweb.com/info/maint/osmosi_e.htm
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-17-2007, 6:51 PM Reply   
MHayes,
I have left a message at Skiers Choice. Just curious if anyone on the board has had the problem too. I'm not posting to bash anyone or Skiers Choice.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-17-2007, 7:54 PM Reply   
I will say this. Skiers Choice steped up when I had a problem with my old boat. It took them a little time but they did take care of me.