Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-05-2010, 3:15 PM Reply   
We try to make a trip to Bullards every year & either stay in the group campgrounds or Schoolhouse but was consedering Dark Day this year. For those that have stayed in Dark Day - do you have a recomended site #? Would you recomend grabbing a double or pairing up a couple singles? Chances are we will be going late July / early August - Thanks in Adv.
Old     (mcrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-05-2010, 4:56 PM Reply   
Don't know the #'s, but pick one in the back...some of those are just a couple min walk to the lake.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-05-2010, 5:37 PM Reply   
Thanks - I presume you're referring to 8 & 10, or maybe 6 & 8? I threw up a pic as well - anyone else have any 411 / feedback - thx!
Attached Images

Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-05-2010, 7:01 PM Reply   
Made our reservations for July in the group site for the flushing toilets. That was a must have for the wife. Can't wait. Went for the day last October after reading the thread from the CIE guys and loved it. That lake is crazy and the water is crystal clear.
Old     (mcrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-06-2010, 7:40 AM Reply   
yep either 8 or 10 are good and you also don't get as much of the smell from the crapper there
Old     (beryessaboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-06-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
Did you consider shoreline camping and renting one of the 45' party cruisers?...You would get alot more space/privacy, be able to have a spot right on the water and still have the bathroom kitchen and gas grill with cruiser. That is an option i'm looking at since I don't think I can get enought people to chip in on the full house boat cost. Just a suggestion. Either way you can't go wrong. Bullards is awesome!

http://bullardsbar.com/luxury_houseb...arty_cruiser45
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-09-2010, 1:37 PM Reply   
I love that lake.. waterslides are the best! and well.. you know, i guess warm, glassy water is cool too...
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-09-2010, 2:44 PM Reply   
Here they are on Facebook if you like bullards add them

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/bullardsbar?ref=ts
Old     (Billy_at_Bullards)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-09-2010, 3:20 PM Reply   
Thanks for the plug Efrain! Your hired! Same to you Riley, it's going to be a awesome year!
Old     (Billy_at_Bullards)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-09-2010, 3:26 PM Reply   
Aaron - 8 and 10 are as close as you will get to the shoreline -
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       03-09-2010, 4:12 PM Reply   
My friends and I do an annual camp trip there every year towards the end of july, and usually stay at 3D. The double site is nicer otherwise our party usually ends up in the other camp spots which are a lot closer together. If you don't want to camp by 20 college students go early August lol
Old     (denystaucd)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-09-2010, 5:20 PM Reply   
... I was just up at Englebright and Bullards for work monday and the water temps were right around 48 F.
=)
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       03-09-2010, 5:29 PM Reply   
48! brrrrr. I'm hoping to take the boat out next week while l'm on Spring break... Time to invest in a dry suit