Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old    fishboatwakerider            10-05-2006, 9:47 PM Reply   
so today I was out working on my toeside w2w and I hit the water pretty hard and took in a little water down into my lungs. What can this do to me?

I've never took in water before... should I try to lay upside down for a while and try to get it out? It doesn't feel like much, but my chest definately feels a little tight.

Should I go to a doctor??? LOL after reading the dallas friday story, I'm scared that something like what happened to her... lungs goin white...might end up happening to me. I just didn't know how much she took in to cause something like that.

Maybe I'm paranoid.. if others have taken small gulps that made it down into your breath sacks.... let me know what happened to you in the days afterwards if anything?

(Message edited by fishboatwakerider on October 05, 2006)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-05-2006, 9:49 PM Reply   
did you cough much when you reached the surface?
Old    fishboatwakerider            10-05-2006, 9:58 PM Reply   
yeah did some coughing once I came up and tried to get some out.
Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-05-2006, 10:02 PM Reply   
This happens all the time in the water sport world. Your lungs may feel a little odd and breathing deep may bother you for a day or two.
In most cases you will be just fine but if there is bacteria in the water you may get a mild infection that will cause you to cough and hack up junk. Each person Is differnt and If you feel like your having a hard time breathing after a few days It wont hurt to get checked out.
Old    fishboatwakerider            10-05-2006, 10:10 PM Reply   
right on... I didn't think it was anything TOO bad... not like a mouthful or something.. just what was lodged in my sinus cavity when I came up. I just didn't wanna wake up tomorrow with like phnemonia or something horrible.

On a lighter note.. for the first time I was charging the wake toeside and I can get up to about 1 foot short of making it W2W. Also got surface 180's from standard to to switch and back down really good, and was working on my riding switch and got fairly comfortable. maybe next time out I'll try to do some switch heelside single wake 180's back to standard.

(Message edited by fishboatwakerider on October 05, 2006)
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-05-2006, 11:37 PM Reply   
Roy...you can get aspiration pneumonia. You had better see someone before it gets to this. They can give you antibiotics to get it before it gets you.
The switch heelside 180 is call a half cab....congrats on getting it.
Old    fishboatwakerider            10-05-2006, 11:53 PM Reply   
um.. damn.. now you got me worried... guess I'll make a trip to the doc tomorrow