Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-11-2006, 9:26 PM Reply   
I can't tell Mike and the coaches at WCC thanks enough for another incredible, exhausting yet fun wakeboard camp week. You run a first class shop and anyone who doesn't go is really missing out.

Mike...your camp is truly blessed...keep it up

McNasty...careful not to hit your McHead on the McSpeakers anymore!!!

Chad....great to have your coaching expertise again. Enjoy the coffee.

Rod--Shaggy---Lips...red is definately your color.

Beastmaster...keep dunkin the groms...it makes them humble.

All of you...Keep up the man shorts; it looks sooooo sexy.

I love ya all!!! Geri
Upload
MAN SHORTS!!!
Upload
Tank's birthday cake
Upload
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-11-2006, 9:29 PM Reply   
And I can't forget to pay tribute to all the boot campers who put in hard time

Upload
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-11-2006, 9:42 PM Reply   
Wow. Totally gives me flashbacks! I love kicking it with MIKE AND FRIENDS out on the houseboats. His camp is put together so good. If I only could wakeboard I would be there. It's still a great place to hang out even if you are a gimp like me and can't ride. Mike's camp is blessed. He has done nothing but support this industry from the day he got into it. He is so helpful to all of his students, friends and family. And believe you me, once you spend even a few MINUTES hanging around these guys, you will feel like you know them forever. Keep it up Mike!!

Rockin pictures. send me more!
Old     (shiftsnow)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-11-2006, 10:30 PM Reply   
if u have any more pics put them up...i will be seeing these guys in about 3 weeks and i am STOCKED
Old     (kel_dub)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-12-2006, 1:26 AM Reply   
Ill be there this morning, about 9 hours from now... see ya then.
Old     (tonis)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-12-2006, 4:31 AM Reply   
I am digging those blisters, thats awesome!
Old     (sueswink)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2006, 9:52 AM Reply   
Geri- thanks for sharing those pics! Nice man shorts! We can't thank you and Jeff Frew enough for taking Coop with you and watching over him! You are appreciated so much - thank you!

WCC - THANK YOU for the amazing experience you shared with Coop. He had the best week and can't stop sharing funny stories with us about his time at the camp! He learned a ton and I'm so thankful to you and your coaches. What an awesome experience for an 11 year old kid that loves to ride. Thank so much!! We're already talking about getting him back up to you guys!!

Geri - I wanna see more pics :-)

Thank you ALL for a great week!!

Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-12-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
Sue- you are welcome--it was my pleasure taking care of Coop..he is an awesome young man. I have an entire CD full of all the pics from camp along with a video DVD of Coop and everyone at camp for you guys. I will try to get it done by the tournament Sat. (Can't wait for the Chicken Salad--MMMMMMMMM)

I will try to get more pics up today for everyone.

WCC ROCKS!!!!
Old    walt            06-12-2006, 3:33 PM Reply   
Great pics SoCal MOB ! It looks like you guys had a great time.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-12-2006, 5:34 PM Reply   
Hi Geri, I'll add my two cents worth. This was the most fun I've ever had getting pounded for a week. All the coaches were so into it, helpful, supportive and competent. Mike runs a class operation. My kids have all watched the 3 hours of video I took, oggled my wake to wake patch and watched me ride on Sunday (which I was determined not to do but couldn't help myself) I went out Saturday and bought a cool new line and handle, and fat sacks for 1320 pounds of ballast (not that I need that wall in front of me) and we are all stoked and wake crazy in my house. I landed my single 180 with ease off that monster wake and am totally psyched to try to get the other three this summer. I sing the praises of WCC. I forgot to ask about getting a copy of the camp photo. Do you know how I can get that file? Thanks, Les
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-12-2006, 5:48 PM Reply   
Hey Mike, you should take that pictures of the blisters and put it on the front of your website and add the caption " Ride till your hands are raw at WCC"
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-12-2006, 8:41 PM Reply   
It should advertise "boot camp" at WCC. Mike asks you on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being boot camp, how hard you want to be pushed for the week.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-12-2006, 8:51 PM Reply   
Les...glad to see you are officially "hooked" and "psyched" (no pun intended)
shoot me an e-mail with your address and I will send you a CD of the photos I have. Sean has some too. When you e-mail me I will give you his e-mail address.

It was great to meet you. Hope you get your kids to camp. You may just have to go back with them!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-12-2006, 8:57 PM Reply   
Walt...I hope you copyrighted that pic in your profile...what a beauty!!!

We had a blast. If you haven't gone, I would highly recommend going. They still have an all age camp at the end of the summer. I am thinking about going again. May have to wear gloves this time
No...I think I would rather have the blisters
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-12-2006, 9:03 PM Reply   
Just for the record, the blisters on the married hand, and the one to the right of it belong to me. Very proud of the war wounds, no one can complain that they didn't get enough quality behind the boat time. Had an awesome time, can't wait to go back. Got to bond with some quality people there, knuckled everyone (and threw a few in) for awesome rides. Can't say enough good things about West Coast Camps. Other wakeboard coaches/schools could come here to pick up skills (and have a great time, too). This is the way wakeboarding should be!

Tank, Cooper, Geri, Les, Heather, Dave, Nichole, J.C., Billy, Mary & Shawn - Thanks for the great time we had together, and congrats on all the riding skills you picked up. Don't forget the most important skill is having fun (and throwing someone in after a good ride)!

Mike, Jared (Shaggy), Chad, Chris (BeastMaster), Mike (Dirty McNasty), and Tyler - I can't thank you enough for the great time! I learned things at your camp, about my riding, and myself, that I will keep forever. Keep on freestyling, wear your man shorts with pride, watch out for the McSpeakers, and when you read this, throw yourselves in for doing an incredible job!! Thanks for the great pool party. Let me know when you guys are in the CL neighborhood, have room/rides for any/all, anytime!!

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on June 12, 2006)
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-12-2006, 9:13 PM Reply   
Frew,
Looks like you forgot to put some sunblock on the melon!!!!!!!

Looks like a good time.
I definately need to go to this camp next year.
How is your midweek schedule this summer?
Im lloking for 2nds and third out at vail during the week this summer.
Look forward to riding with you this summer.
Erik

PS- Damn your legs are white!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-13-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
Ok...you guys want pics...here you go!!
Upload
Upload
Upload

Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-13-2006, 7:29 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-13-2006, 7:33 AM Reply   
Schwenne contemplating his next dunking victim

Upload
Coop air stomping it

Upload
Rod and JC having fun

Upload
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-13-2006, 7:42 AM Reply   
Schwenne.....I wasn't going to do it...but I HAVE to...it's my birthday and I can do anything I want to!!!

Upload

And, finally, WCC coaching at it's finest!!!

Upload
Old     (sueswink)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-13-2006, 8:52 AM Reply   
HAPPY BIRTHDAY - GERI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing more pics! It really looks like ya'll had a blast! That is a great pic of Jarod and Tank!! Coop's still talking about getting back to WCC :-)& he just got home! Thanks again and have a wonderful birthday!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-13-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
THANKS SUE!!!! And thank you for my starbucks card. Perfect!!! I spent the day with Brent on the boat. Didn't ride well but had a great time anyway.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-13-2006, 4:01 PM Reply   
happy birthday geri! are you old enough to get in to bars and drink now?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-13-2006, 6:25 PM Reply   
Yes happy birthday, Geri! Hope you had a good time out there with Brent & Noah.

Erik - I may be able to blow off work for a few pulls out there this summer. I know that Josh & Bates are also willing to do the same. We'll have to make it happen.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-13-2006, 6:58 PM Reply   
HAPPY B-DAY Geri,I hope you get everything you want b/c you deserve it!
Old    tank_venti            06-13-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
Hello to all my peeps...Happy birthday to my main
girl Geri!!(check your e-mail). thank you sooooo much to u n jeff for making this past week so awsome.
"Tank" Venti
Great pictures geri!!! I love the cake!! HOW GREAT you are!!! happy birthday to you as well. Tommy cant stop talking about how much fun he had. He really enjoyed spending time with cooper also.
ENJOY YOUR B-DAy!! Lysa Venti}}
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-13-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
You guys are so awesome....thank you so much. I had a great time out there today but still a little tired from camp....more than I thought I was. Brent even said I was looking tired. Guess it's cause I am another year older
Then Noah gunned the boat and I went flying off the swim step..IT'S THE DRIVER'S FAULT!!!

Joe...I got carded at Olive Garden tonight but my 28 year old daughter didn't

Thanks for all the well wishes!!!!
Old     (h2o4me)      Join Date: May 2002       06-13-2006, 9:40 PM Reply   
We have got to give it up for Mike and WWC as well! We spent two days with Mike in May and had the time of our lives. Mike has a true gift for instruction, he had the ability to make are riders of all levels feel comfortable and motivate them to excel! Just hanging with Mike for the weekend was great; becoming a better rider felt like a bonus, thanks Mike! Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (h2o4me)      Join Date: May 2002       06-13-2006, 9:41 PM Reply   
couple more...Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-13-2006, 10:04 PM Reply   
great pics Eric!!! Thanks for sharing.