Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-02-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
So I've been reading alot that the Ronix one is hard to figure out and that alot of people couldn't figure out the board so there not riding it anymore. I'm interested in the board but what to know whats up? Is it timeing the pop or how it handles in the water. Someone please elaborate. thanks
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-02-2009, 7:54 AM Reply   
First time I've heard that. Maybe the 07/08 One?

Historically I've ridden the Covin or a continuous rocker. In 09 I rode the One and couldn't be more satisfied. It's truly a board that can been ridden fast or slow. It's a super poppy board that is very easy to get acclimated to. Good luck.

Definitely demo one if you have an opportunity to do so.
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-02-2009, 8:06 AM Reply   
I had an 07 ronix one and I just could never get the hang of it.. switched to a frontier and loved it but my favorite ronix board is still the covin
Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-02-2009, 8:40 AM Reply   
People are talking about the first shape 07/08. It was just kind of hard to figure out the edge because you really need to kind of ride it tail heavy. Still a great board but the 09 up model the center of the board and rocker got changed so now it is faster and more consistent but still has a ton of pop.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-02-2009, 12:22 PM Reply   
By Randy (dudeman) on Monday, November 02, 2009 - 5:14 am:

I was riding the One and couldn't get the hang of it. I'm now on the Shane.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/744825.html?1257190332

(Message edited by benjaminp on November 02, 2009)
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-02-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
I rode it for a few years, and at first, it felt weird, but it's a board that gives you a lot of freedom. Nate said it perfect when he said that it's a board that can be rode fast or slow. It puts you completely in the drivers seat of how the board will perform. Some people dont like that, but almost everyone I have met loves that board. Demo it, you will probably love it.
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-02-2009, 12:49 PM Reply   
I don’t have the “ONE” but my friend who is a beginner to intermediate has been riding the 07 “ONE” and loves it. I want to ride it but fear I will love it and have to go buy "ONE" no pun intended lol.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-02-2009, 1:45 PM Reply   
I liked my Ibex over the ONE. Know lots that love the ONE. But had a friend get me on a SS Recoil and have not ridden my Ibex since. I do have it for sale its an 09 in great shape.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-02-2009, 3:13 PM Reply   
+1 on the One.

I have an 07 One and Covin and love them both.
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-03-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
I fell in love with the ONE, This was my first year riding it and it's worked well with my style. I also agree with nate, it can be rode fast or slow, and it's always had a consistent pop for me. It's not quite as fast as the coven, but that's what i like about it, it helps keep your tricks straight up and down not way out in the flats. SAVE THE KNEES. I know i should be the last one preaching about that though
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       11-03-2009, 11:51 AM Reply   
I bought the one the first year it came out, rode the hell out of it. The pop was really inconsistent for me and the board is pretty slow with that aggressive rocker. I switched to an 08 transcend which I loved at the time, I rode the lyman and fell in love. After trashing my lyman on sliders, I'm riding the company severance now. Highest popping board i've ridden yet.
Old     (jhuff79)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-03-2009, 12:01 PM Reply   
I ride a 07 Shane and tried the One. I took one jump and it popped but not nearly as hight as the shane. I took another Jump same thing, so I was done with that. I never thought I would be that pickey about a board. Looks like I am.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-03-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
Wow, you gave it all of 2 jumps. You should of probably taken a couple sets before making up your mind about that.
Old     (zoodsmak)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-03-2009, 1:39 PM Reply   
The board comes in 2 colors for 2010 so that tells me there is pretty good response to the board after being in the market for 3 years. Yes there were changes and the board rides differently but nothing major changed from 08 to 09.

If the board rides bad I doubt it would have made it into it's 4th year in two colors.
Old     (wake_it_up)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-03-2009, 3:26 PM Reply   
I took to mine from the start. Such a fun board.
Old     (jhuff79)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-04-2009, 11:06 AM Reply   
I did so because it was my second set we also had a Viva to try and it was cold enough to warrant a dry suit. I don't know if I would have made a different decision had it been warmer out. On a side note the Viva was more enjoyable than the one still not as good as the 07 Shane. I also have tried the 09 Shane and found the shape very similar to the 07 so I enjoyed riding the 09 Shane. This is just how I feel make your own judgment and try them for yourself. There were also two other people that tried the One and the Viva and liked the Viva better. I don't think the board rode bad just not the board for me.
Old     (airwaker)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-06-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
if you get the ONE get rid of the stock fins and go with the .7 fins. it will ride a ton better IMHO. i go back and forth b/t a shane and my ONE. love them both.
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-08-2009, 6:40 PM Reply   
Love the board! Loose when flat, locked on edge, and just the right amount of 3-stage kick. I like the .7 fins better as well.
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-09-2009, 12:25 PM Reply   
thanks guys i decided to get one and I'll let you all know what i think of it once i get out and ride it. thats going to be a while since over the wkend I crashed on my quad in the dunes and broke 3 ribs, and have many other ribs that r brused and a brused lung. So I'll be down for a little while.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-12-2009, 4:50 PM Reply   
I rode Danny's 2010 board last week. Historically, I haven't been able to get comfortable on Danny's deck. I've ridden all of them. This years shape is a whole new ride! The set up is lighter than any board I've ever been on. It's quick in response and edges really well. The second I got on it, I felt really comfortable on the water. Working on getting one now.