Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       09-28-2009, 7:18 AM Reply   
So yesterday I took my first real set on the 2010 Faction 144. I have to say the board is everything it has been hyped up to be.
The board tracks well (maybe to well with the long fins) so I will try the shorter fins to see the difference this week. This year the Faction is noticeably lighter than previous years. It pops great and this board is Fast (Very FAST). This board gets on edge and it accelerated into the wake with stable tracking. It releases very well off the wake and lands very soft.
I consider myself as a wake to wake rider but had to change up my cut to stay wake to wake. The fun started happening when I went back to my bigger cuts and started going more into the flats. This board likes the speed and it gives you a solid pop consistently. The landings were soft and stable. For a continuous rocker this board pops like a three stage. If you’re looking for a new ride I highly (I mean HIGHLY) recommend you try this one out.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-28-2009, 10:55 AM Reply   
Yeah boy!! I love the shape as well! I am on the DB9 version of that shape. Took a bit of getting use to coming from the Transcend but know I am crushing it! Everything into the flats. Yesterday I took the the boat speed up a bit and just had fun bomb'n into the flats!

Gary...You going to INT this weekend?
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-28-2009, 11:40 AM Reply   
shon have you ridden the reg faction as well? I am trying to decide if i am going to get the faction or the db9. Im thinking the db9 will have a little flex to it and be snappier.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-28-2009, 12:10 PM Reply   
Gary,
I want to give both a try when I can ride again.. Have you tried the DB9?
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-28-2009, 1:16 PM Reply   
Soli...I have got some time on the Faction as well. The DB9 is a pretty stiff board. I does pop, and land better then the Faction fer sher. Both ride GREAT, but I will be on the DB9.
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       09-28-2009, 2:30 PM Reply   
Jim I think this board is right up your alley; It fits your style of riding and has a ton of pop. So hopefully no more Rodeo Raleys LOL

Shon,

Don't know about the weekend yet, I am going to have to take it day by day. Big project in the wings right now and we are pulling out all the stops to make sure we land this thing.
I agree with you on the little bit of getting use to but my second set just got better and better. It’s actually the first time I have ever felt comfortable charging into the wake and pompously going into the flats. I am looking forward to really trying to air it out. This could get dangerous.........LOL
Old     (kristopherkendall)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-28-2009, 3:01 PM Reply   
I looked at a couple of the prototypes for the db9 and bindings. can not belive the light weight i think it will be a sick setup
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-28-2009, 4:19 PM Reply   
I am riding the DB9 as well, and it is so stinkin sick! I love it.