Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-11-2010, 1:57 PM Reply   
I have narrowed my new board down to these two boards. I am an intermediate rider, does anyone have any feedback on what board would be better? The Faction is 144, and the Transcend is 142. I am 6'1" 195 lbs, both look like good boards, I do not perform flips, mainly spinning 180's and jumping the wake. Looking for a good board for soft landings and good control.

Thanks....
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-11-2010, 2:41 PM Reply   
Both boards are very good shapes, I think it depends on your personal preferences. If you like a more abrupt pop get the Transcend, if you like a smooth overall ride get the Faction. If I were to arbitrarily suggest one over the other, I'd recommend the Faction. It's more user friendly, faster and a bigger board. Good luck, can't go wrong with your choices.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-12-2010, 8:06 AM Reply   
I ride the '09 Transcend but at 138. I'm 5-10 and 165#. Intermediate rider that does the same stuff as you. I like the board allot and boat mates are always grabbing it to ride, however I haven't ridden the Faction to compare. I got the package deal with the CWB Answer boots. For me, for now i wouldn't trade this stick for any other. But my birthday is comming......
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-12-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
I've got an 09 Transcend Platinum 142 and I love it. I weigh about 185ish.

Do it, to it.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       01-12-2010, 10:29 AM Reply   
Travis get the 2010 Faction for what you are looking for in a board.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-12-2010, 12:22 PM Reply   
I picked up the 142 Transcend Platinum yesterday, I am going to purchase the new 2010 CWB Vapor bindings with Velcro straps. I could not pass up a Platinum Transcend for $150. If anyone is interested, the company I purchased from has one left at this price.

Thanks for all the feedback... much appreciated.

(Message edited by fman on January 12, 2010)
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-12-2010, 12:52 PM Reply   
Good choice on the Transcend! You are going to love the Vapors, super comfy, great support with just enough flex. I really like the Velcro
as they are so easy to adjust on the fly. NO MORE LACES FOR ME!!!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       01-12-2010, 1:30 PM Reply   
Well you cant go wrong with the Transcend either especially at 150 for a platy.

Enjoy.