Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (spudski67)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-11-2006, 5:39 PM Reply   
1990 Supra Sun Sport Classic 464 hours
It is getting dropped off Thursday. The previous owner babied her and I couldn't find anything wrong with it. As far as maintenance goes, what should I look for/replace/change before she goes in the water? I already plan on putting a new impellar in. Thanks
Old     (jmunday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-11-2006, 6:24 PM Reply   
I just bought a new 1992 boat, well ok slightly used, but anyways I decided to go ahead and change the fluids, gas water separater, oil filter, and checked the spark plugs. the reason is they told me they were recently checked but I like to be sure. other than that, I checked the impellar but havent changed it yet. just some suggestions.
Old     (spudski67)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-11-2006, 6:34 PM Reply   
what's the gas water separator and how do i change it?
how hard is it to change tranny fluid?
Old     (jmunday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-11-2006, 7:03 PM Reply   
the gas water separator is really just what it says it is. In your gas tanks you get a little water condensation and this filter separates it. on my boat it looks just like an oil filter, If you have any of your owners manuals you can look in them to locate it. as far as the tranny fluid you can pump it out throught the dipstick hole. make sure the boat is level and try to add the same amount as possible. hope that helps.