Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old    whitechocolate            04-19-2004, 8:35 AM Reply   
Some friends and I (3 boat's and crew's) are thinking about going to Lake Nacimiento for Memorial Day weekend and camping, Where should we camp if we can get space this late? I know all the lakes are going to be filled with wally's ect we werent planning on doing a whole bunch of boarding. We were looking for a change of senery and was wondering what Lake Nacimiento was like for that weekend?? Thanks G
Old    tomcjr25            04-19-2004, 9:36 AM Reply   
It's a great atmosphere and isn't completely filled with idiots on memorial day. I recommend it.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-19-2004, 10:44 AM Reply   
I don't know about that, there are quite a lot of dumbasses on Memorial. If you were to camp you'd do it at WaterWorld(clever name) they can be reached at (800) 323-3839, I have no idea how full they are. The only real problem right now is that the lake levels are so low that the area that people can hang on is greatly reduced. You might also want to look @ Lake San Antonio, it has more camping potential as well as more water, plus the exact same scenery. Wlcome to the Central Coast!
Old    tomcjr25            04-19-2004, 10:55 AM Reply   
Compared to somewhere like say Parker or Havasu, the amount of dumbasses at Naci are fairly low. I don't think you'll ever escape all of em. I like San Antonio too, but i always thought it to be a little more windblown in comparison.
Old    whitechocolate            04-19-2004, 3:20 PM Reply   
Ok this is what I found out. These Tent and Rv campsites are first come first serve. They said it starts filling wednesday night. Whats the best place to try and get a spot at, I guess all the spots close to the water are gone early???
Pine Knoll (This looks the best Close to the watter and showers)
Eagles Ridge (Remote parking and hike-in tent sites. No restrooms or showers - porta potties only)
Sandy Point
Old    bobbymucic            04-19-2004, 3:54 PM Reply   
I've heard that people prefer the overflow area, near the launch ramp. That is where all the partying happens.
Old    loc            04-20-2004, 9:51 PM Reply   
San antonio is first come first serve. when i get out on thurs theres still lots of room left. all camping is on the water except a few full hook-up spots up in the hills. if you go to the s.shore theres grass campgrounds w/ BBQ pits and stuff. its definitally more family oriented then naci.plenty of room to ride until about 11ish. bring your a/c.
Old    jetgofish            04-20-2004, 9:54 PM Reply   
I think we are going back to Bullards!
Old     (mastercraft7100)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-20-2004, 9:56 PM Reply   
Grant is the places to be on memorial weekend the lake rock. If you end up going we should hangout or tie up.
Old    whitechocolate            04-21-2004, 12:50 PM Reply   
My friend Nick from Wetboxtowers is going to be getting there Wednesday, he said he can grab some spots Im planing on being there Thursday morning.

John Yes lets hook it up that woud be cool. John were trying to say Naci is the place to be on Memorial day??? If so thats cool. I wanted to try some where new other than Beryessa.

Teri: Thats great have fun at Bullards Im sure it will be nice there we should plan a trip there soon after the Houseboat trip.
Old    norcal_99            04-21-2004, 2:08 PM Reply   
Hey Grant, If I don't go to Shasta for Memorial, I'll go down to Naci. That lake is cool in the narrows.

Peace out.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-21-2004, 2:23 PM Reply   
Rene, I'm hitting up shasta for memorial... let me know if your going
Old    norcal_99            04-21-2004, 2:25 PM Reply   
Will do.
Old     (southbayboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-21-2004, 3:11 PM Reply   
Grant,
I was at Naci last year for memorial day. You can leave the wakeboards at home. It gets too crazy out there. And as far as getting a spot, it is first come first serve. I had friends who showed up early and grabbed some spots so I did not have a problem arriving Thursday like your planning on doing. Just tell the reservation people that someone has a spot for you already cause they might tell you it is already full. I got quite a few scratches on my gel coat last year from people tying up to my boat and bumpers falling off. So be carefull if you do that. The rangers will be out in full force but there are too many drunks for them to watch so as long as your not doing anything incredibly stupid you should be good.
Old    whitechocolate            04-21-2004, 7:04 PM Reply   
James: my buddy said that when he went lat year they parked down at the overflow aera near the launch ramp and the tryed to rope off as much as they could for 3 boats but people that start shwoing up get pissed because people that got there early section off there aera. So it can get heated if you dont have car's and boats to park in the spot's your trying to block off.
Thursday should be ok correct??
Old    whitechocolate            04-21-2004, 7:07 PM Reply   
James: my buddy said that when he went lat year they parked down at the overflow aera near the launch ramp and the tryed to rope off as much as they could for 3 boats but people that start shwoing up get pissed because people that got there early and section off there aera. So it can get heated if you dont have car's and boats to park in the spot's your trying to block off.
Thursday should be ok correct??

As far as tying up it sounds just like any other party weekend. We will tie up to our friends boats only that way we know we are not going to scratch each others boats
Old    wantboatnow            04-21-2004, 8:09 PM Reply   
Ive been going there for the past 5 years. Dont plan on making a lot of noise after 10. Even though its a party weekend, there are a grip load of cops and rangers walking around. The overflow gets most of the cops and there are no camp fires allowed down there, and also its all outhouses, real plumming is up in the campgounds. I would try and get a slip for the weekend, its not worth waiting over an hour to launch/retreive your boat daily. A ancor is good till friday, then the whole place stays choppy and people try and put there boat in a place it wont fit, or just tie up to the rear or your boat. I chose not to get a slip last year and ended up having to pay 150 bucks to repair my prop after the chop pulled the boat into shore. Another good thing is make sure you got everything you need, because after friday morning, you will have to wait in a 4 hour line to get back into the campground if you leave to go to town.
Old    whitechocolate            04-22-2004, 8:12 AM Reply   
Chad: Dammm, I know every place is going to be crazy that weekend but Is Naci worth all this hassle, We have a houseboat trip planed for the next weekend so Im starting to think I might just go to tulloch to avoid all the hype.
Old    norcal_99            04-22-2004, 10:00 AM Reply   
Grant, Naci is a cool lake. They have this area in the back called the narrows where everyone hangs out and does rock diving. It's like the bridge at Berryessa, but without all the land arriving thugs.
Old     (southbayboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-27-2004, 4:56 PM Reply   
Grant we my buddies went up Wednesday and got a great camp site. So showing up as early as possible on Thursday you should not have a problem getting something in the overflow. As far as the lines go. I only spent about a 1/2 hour each time I went to the launch ramp and when we luanched the boat we sent people to the store to get ice and such and we only had to wait an extra 10-15 minutes of so for them so they only spent 45 minutes in line at the store. Maybe I just got lucky last year. Grant have a good time.