Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    blindsiderider            05-09-2004, 2:07 PM Reply   
I just wanted to thank everyone at the Canyon Lake wakeboard Club for the great time and hospitality. I am glad my dad wanted to make that drive from Clovis We got there at midnight on Friday and got back home at midnight on Sat but it was worth it. It was fun to see what level kids my age are riding at and I can tell that the So Cal boys know how to throw down. I can tell that I will need to keep practicing if I want to keep up with the Team Havoc riders. I have only know how to swim for 3 years and I have been wakeboarding for 14 months so with a little practice maybe I can keep up. I can hardly wait until the 12th and 13th for the next competitions. Once again thanks to everyone and see everyone next time.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-09-2004, 2:49 PM Reply   
Tony, I was in complete awe of your run! Everything you did was stylie, big and super clean. Personally, I was surprised you didn't take 1st.

I'll make a short vid of yesterday, including your HUGE Hoocie off the double-up and email you the link once it's uploaded.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-09-2004, 3:52 PM Reply   
Tony, I am glad that you made the trip out, what a great day huh?? Joe, it was great to finally meet you and Frankie!!
Also, the infamous Sean Jackson, thanks for coming and hanging out!
Man, there was some great riding yesterday, you can sooo tell people are training harder than ever, matter of fact thats where we are headed right now! Happy Mothers Day!!
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-10-2004, 12:18 AM Reply   
Is that the infamous or the in famous (plagiarized, courtesy of The Three Amigos).

The pleasure was all mine. It was very good for my soul to be able to be at the contest. Jeff, thanks for allowing me to hone my driving skills at the expense of the novice class riders.

There truly was some amazing riding going down in all of the classes. Sheryl and Gretchen tore it up, Tony threw one of the sickest double-ups I have ever seen in any contest, and it seemed like almost every rider was going inverted!

There was a rider that hurt himself (left knee) while doing a raley, I think his name was Thomas (sorry if I got that wrong). I just wanted to wish him the best of luck and a speedy recovery. Unfortunately I know his pain.

The CLC rocks!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-10-2004, 6:48 AM Reply   
Sean, that was Thomas Davis, he is one of the organizers of the Spring Valley contests and a truly nice guy!
Sean, you are sooo right Cheryl and Gretchen rode better than I have ever seen and I was so happy to see Tyler Killingsworth win the open division. There was definatley some awesome riding on Saturday.
Next month, marathon weekend, Canyon Lake on Saturday the 13 and Spring Valley on the 14th!
Old    blindsiderider            05-10-2004, 7:29 AM Reply   
Hey TeamValdez you guys rock. I can see that the bar has been set very high. I will continue to practice so maybe I can keep up. I will be at the big marathon weekend hope to see alot more people from wakeworld out there it is fun to meet everyone.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-10-2004, 9:54 AM Reply   
Tony - that hoochie off the double-up was probably the sickest trick I saw all day.

I finally got to meet Sean and Joe. We on for tomorrow guys?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-10-2004, 10:44 AM Reply   
sent you guys an email
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-10-2004, 11:21 AM Reply   
Yeah I had lots of fun also. Although it was the worst I placed in a long time, but thats what being on the injured list for 7 weeks does to you i guess. I think I must have untangled what seemed to be a thousand ropes.

Joe - Nice to finally meet you.

Thane Dogg - It was cool hanging out with you. I'll get the details on the river trip this weekend. If your still interested, let me know.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-10-2004, 11:26 AM Reply   
Hey, I'm interested for Saturday! Got room for 2?
Old    blindsiderider            05-10-2004, 12:39 PM Reply   
Joe We did not get the Email I just sent you one can you please resend yours?

Thane Thanks Man I had a great time.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-10-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   
Hey Joe,

Sorry buddy, but with Thane going that pretty much fills up our boat. If anything changes I'll let you know, but I know with your skills, you're sure to find a ride this weekend.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-10-2004, 3:52 PM Reply   
Cool dude...hook Frankie and me up next time!
Old    malibuman            05-10-2004, 5:13 PM Reply   

Is this the HUGE DOUBLE UP that you all been talking about?

(Message edited by malibuman on May 10, 2004)
Old    corey_marotta            05-10-2004, 5:26 PM Reply   
The Spy Boat is not afraid to serve up a helping of large.
Old    malibuman            05-10-2004, 7:01 PM Reply   

This Boat!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-10-2004, 7:14 PM Reply   
Aaron! Another great shot with the power line in the background (like that one of Aaron Grace).

Alliance, Jack Blodgett, Jason Buffalow, you guys probably best be marking down the name Tony Carroll. You will be needing it real soon!! Great ride, Tony!

Thank you (insert everyone's name here) for the great day !
Old    blindsiderider            05-10-2004, 9:01 PM Reply   
Hey thanks Jeff

Aaron great shot can you e mail me a copy of the raw pic?

all I have to say is Canyon lake is the shizzle
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-11-2004, 8:23 AM Reply   
Hey, the tournament was a blast. Didn't ride to great but still had an awesome time. I love the atmosphere of the tournaments. All i have to say is Tyler "killing it" killingsworth. his run was sick. Hey eddie v., have you landed that ts bs 180 yet?
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-11-2004, 8:24 AM Reply   
jeff, thanks a million for letting me stay with your family again. Tackle that backroll.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-11-2004, 12:13 PM Reply   
Hey Jared!! great to see you again, so glad that you are going to be up north with the kids for the Outlaw camp. I will ask Eddie when he gets home from school about the ts bs 180. They went out riding yesterday in the winds. Henry is re thinking that as to not have any injuries. Just heard from Thomas Davis that he has torn his ACL. Please send a prayer up for him, he is having a MRI soon to confirm. Keep the faith Thomas!
And Sean, you havn't ridden in how long?? You can't expect too much. You are such a valuable member of the CLWC. You are such a HUGE help and we are all so happy that you are getting better!! Hugs, robyn

(Message edited by teamvaldez on May 11, 2004)
Old    cws_kahuna            05-11-2004, 12:27 PM Reply   
Aaron,

Those are some gret shots man, your camera is plain awesome.

Joe U & Sean Jackson,

It was very cool meeting you guys. Sean get healed up ASAP man, I think you did great driving by the way.

I did not get to meet Thayne or Tony Carroll but hopefully next time.

Jared,

I hope your drive home was good, I wish I could have gone riding with you guys after the contest, but at least I spotted Jeffs dog for you guys, LOL

Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-11-2004, 1:25 PM Reply   
Hey Richard!! didn't get to talk to you much on Saturday, but it was good to see you for a second anyway!!
Aaron, your shots are awesome as always, we HAVE to do something about that dang phone line huh?? hugs, robyn
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-11-2004, 3:15 PM Reply   
Robyn,

Thanks for the compliment, I'm definitley trying to do what I can. I know I can't expect much. Its just good to see all the upcoming talent (such as your boys, Sean Teagarden, AJ, Nathan Smith, just to name a few of my favorites) and all the smiling faces out there.

BTW: Its these Wakeboard moms out there such as: Robyn, who I believe we all owe a great deal gratitude. Because its these wakemoms that care of us all, keeping us fed, hydrated, healthy, and almost always doing it with a smile on there face. So I'd like to give a big WakeWorld thanks to all the wakemoms out there. Thanks Robyn Valdez, Kathy Escalera, Leslie Escalera, Cindy Frew, and the rest I forgot.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-11-2004, 3:43 PM Reply   
Thanks Shawn, your sweet!
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-12-2004, 10:48 PM Reply   
hey richard, i wish you went out with us to. Jeffs natique was dishen out some love. I can't believe how good those valdez kids are going to be. It was a blast riding with them. Thanks for seeing the dogs, who knows where roxy would have ended up.

Hey shawn w., remember to give me a call if you come up to your moms house. 805-434-3767. Nice seeing you again, and i bet your stoked you can ride again. Prayers go out to Thomas Davis. Peace
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-13-2004, 12:30 AM Reply   
hey shawn, good to hear you're riding again!
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-14-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
Thanks Chris, now if I could only get all my tricks nailed again.