Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chrisdurcan)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-03-2011, 6:03 AM Reply   
Both boats are within 50 hrs of each other, priced about the same. The X1 has the standard RTP 310 and a few upgrades swivel rack, plummed ballast etc The nautique is all stock has the wetsounds set up 2 pro 60s and a 485 both are in IMMACULATE condition. Which one would you chose?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-03-2011, 6:24 AM Reply   
I'd buy the x1, only because it's a bit newer and because the wake is a bit more universal. The wake behind the 210 is great, but it's so much different than what you get out of other wakeboats that the people I know who own 210's and ride behind them all the time tend to have trouble adjusting when riding behind other boats that have a rampier wake (which most boats have).

Because the x1 is still a current model boat, you should have an easier time getting parts and upgrading the boat over time if new cool features come out on newer x1's that you want to incorporate into that boat.
Old     (chrisdurcan)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-03-2011, 6:28 AM Reply   
I just sold my 06 X1 so I am partial to them.....the boat I am looking at is the exact same one just a lot less hours different color scheme and a GREAT DEAL I'm thinking the X1 is the way I want to go...but just wanted some other peoples opinions.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-03-2011, 9:23 AM Reply   
depends what you are after. The 210 should be roomier and the wake gets bigger with less weight. Both are amazing boats, I have a 210 and I have to say it is the most fuel efficient wake boat you can buy. The guys are right about the wake making it harder to ride other wakes. It kicks so hard that when I ride rampier wakes like an xstar I dont throw tricks hard enough. If you like popping straight up and wake to wake the 210 is the way to go and the mastercraft will pop you more out than straight up.
Old    sperbet            03-03-2011, 9:31 AM Reply   
Quite the conundrum, basically my two favorite boats and wakes. You really can't go wrong with either so buy the one you're leading toward already
Old    mojo            03-03-2011, 12:02 PM Reply   
Nautique. I had an 05 x-2. Same as 06 x-1. Now have 05 210. The mc wake is wider and softer while 210 is steeper and narrower. Wet sounds will actually let you listen while you ride. What amps? I do miss bimini and racks from mc, and the cover, but not the constant issues. Get compression checked and go for it. You'll be happy either way, but having basically owned both boats I'd go nauti. Mc also has Jabsco pumps which are better.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-03-2011, 6:22 PM Reply   
I would go with the X1 based on my dislike of the '04 210 tower alone. Good luck fitting 2 wakeboards easily in either side and have fun telling yourself that it looks good....

With that said, flip a coin. They're both great boats.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-03-2011, 7:22 PM Reply   
We were looking for older v-drives and tested and spent a lot of time between
1995 supersport
1999 205v --- supersport won and since we have had friends get an X-1..... that boat is rarely used, the 95' ~SAN is still better
Old    mojo            03-03-2011, 7:36 PM Reply   
also, the mc will ride alot higher in the bow. like others have stated either boat will do you right, but depending on how long you plan to keep it think of resale. the nautique's will be way better. and i personally love the fct-1 tower. ya the racks suck, but it's a trade off for the wake and interior comfort i think. i'd really educate yourself on each boat i.e. engines, stereos, ballast and pumps, and wake style. i like both wakes, but i can tell you the mc takes more energy to ride than the nautique and if you can ride a nautique sacked out you will not be scared to hit any other wake around. it's a pop machine.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-05-2011, 11:06 AM Reply   
2 of the 3 best hulls ever made there, you can't go wrong with either. I picked up an X1 over a 210 since everybody pushes 205Vs in west michigan, and you can get a larger variety of wake shapes out of a 205 hull. However the SAN hull makes the hardest kicking wake you will ever see. The dealerships in your area might be a deciding factor. RM is off the mark on resale values, they will both hold very well so I wouldn't consider that. Swivel racks are nice and not a negligible upgrade.
Old    mojo            03-05-2011, 1:24 PM Reply   
ya i guess b/c of the year differences the value will be similar. i got SCREWED when unloading the 05 x-2 b/c in 06 it bcame the x-1 for base 39,999.00; while the 04 210 if it's a team, probably retailed out the door for around 52,000-54,000.00. and i also agree that your local dealer for maintenance should be a big deciding factor. nothing worse than an uneducated and/or rude dealer. i grew up on MC and switched to nautiques and honestly the pride of ownership among everyone is a whole different feel. granted, many people don't care about things like that. i have learned so much since joining planetnautique.com
Old     (chrisdurcan)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-05-2011, 7:00 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone for the input.....I am going with the X1. I will post some pics when I pick it up. The Nautique that I was looking at is still for sale, you could get it for about 31k its a 04 210 with 160 hrs. If anyone wants the sellers info shoot me a PM.
Old     (chrisdurcan)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-05-2011, 7:48 PM Reply   
Here is the link for the Air Nautique

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...r-210-98143301