Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-07-2013, 3:28 PM Reply   
After eight years, you have to be expecting this post by now! We are gathering wake goodies for our 9th Annual WakeWorld Toys For Tots Auctions. We've raised over $56,000 in past years and we're looking to add to that total with your help.

WakeWorld will again be running online Ebay auctions of donated items from companies and individuals in order to generate money to buy toys for underprivileged kids that otherwise may not be getting any gifts this holiday season. 100% Of the profits from these auctions will go to Toys for Tots.

We need you to get the word out to your favorite wake shops and wake companies so that they'll donate some goodies to the cause. If you or your company are interested in donating something, hit me up at gobig@wakeworld.com.

Since we've announced it, we've been overwhelmed with the response, especially from pro riders. Just look at the thousands of dollars of donations that have already been committed to the cause...

- Tige - 2014 Boat (model TBA)
- CWB Board Co. - Two wakeskates, bindings and a rope/handle package
- O'Brien - 2014 Bruce wakeboard and Nomad bindings
- Andrew Adkison - TBA
- Austin Hair - 2103 Jobe Austin Series 142
- Boardjive.com - Comet Ethos 36 complete skateboard
- Boardstop - TBA
- Danny Harf - TBA
- Fresh Air Exhaust - FAE system
- Honu - Five pairs of sandals
- Hyperlite - 2013 Shift 136 wakeboard (2012 Marek with grind base only available in Europe)
- LearnWake.com - Annual membership
- Nautique - Six remote-controlled G23s
- Rockstar - TBA
- Roswell - Custom wrapped wakeboard signed by team riders
- SeaDek - Custom swim platform pad
- Shaun Murray - Autographed Fox "Murray" jersey
- Sean O'Brien - 2 Days of coaching anywhere in the world
- Shawn Watson - TBA
- Tarah Mikacich - 2014 O'Brien Spark wakeboard and bindings + 2 days riding with Cobe & Tarah at Freedom Wake Park
- The Book - The Book Complete DVD Set
- Wakeboard Camp - $500 Gift certificate
- WakeMakers - Acme 1235 prop and Fly HIgh Fat Sac 750 lb. / Elevate Turbo Ballast Pump Combo

Auctions will run for a week starting on Tuesday, 11/26. Be sure to get your bid in to help a great cause and get a great deal at the same time.

Thanks for your help!!

Here's a pic of the Hyperlite Shift 136. It's the same specs as a 2012 Hyperlite Marek, but it has a sintered grind base. It was a special edition for the European market and was not available in the U.S.

Name:  Shift.jpg
Views: 1844
Size:  143.8 KB
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-22-2013, 5:32 PM Reply   
Got some really cool donations firmed up this week...

- We found out that the Tige boat will be a 2014 R20 with trailer (although the winning bidder can get any model if they want to pay the difference). Although the retail value is $57,900, the reserve price will only be $45,000, so you can save almost $13,000!
- Rusty Malinoski is signing and donating the board on which he won the World Championship this year. This is a collector's item on which I know I will be bidding! He threw in a Rockstar hat too.
- Shawn Watson dropped all kinds of goodies including a rare signed Watson Hybrid (slightly used) with some different colors than the one available to the public, Skull Candy headphones, hats, Red Bull PSP, remote controlled LF boat and Dragon goggles.
- Nicola Butler stepped up huge with the donation of one of the guitars she won on the Pro Tour (case included)
- Danny Harf also came up with a big package including an autographed and stickered Ronix One, Spy sunglasses, Monster hat & towel and goodies from Fox, Billabong and Nautique.
- Boat Bling is donating a C-Note package, which is $100 worth of detailing goodies
- Sacramento Performance Marine will be doing an annual boat service
- Delkin will be kicking in some GoPro accessories including a boom and two mounts
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-23-2013, 4:29 AM Reply   
can we get some more details on the 2 days of coaching anywhere in the world with Sean O'Brien??
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-23-2013, 11:17 AM Reply   
You gotta fly him out and give him a place to stay, but he's not picky. Coach and an air mattress is all he requires!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-26-2013, 11:18 AM Reply   
Alright folks, the auctions are live for the next seven days, so have at it. Don't forget to help us spread the word through social media channels to help make this another successful year. Thanks for all your help!!

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/featur...-auctions.html
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-26-2013, 1:07 PM Reply   
I hope Sean likes S Florida.....and coaching kids cause I'm in.
Old     (endlessbreak)      Join Date: Sep 2010       11-26-2013, 4:25 PM Reply   
Why are none of the items available for Canadians?
Old     (bspot5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-26-2013, 8:15 PM Reply   
yes, does not ship to Canada! Do you realize how many supporters you have north of the border? I would love to help a great cause like this!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-26-2013, 10:40 PM Reply   
cause America is that much greater. I kid I kid! ya Dave why so?
Old     (endlessbreak)      Join Date: Sep 2010       11-30-2013, 9:25 AM Reply   
Any reason on why us Canadians can't bid?

Last edited by endlessbreak; 11-30-2013 at 9:26 AM. Reason: spelling
Old     (JEr)      Join Date: Sep 2010       12-01-2013, 7:58 PM Reply   
I guess that us Canadians aren't allowed to give our money to the foundation. I can see the free shipping part not going to Canada but I for one would pay shipping. I guess my money will go somewhere else.
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-03-2013, 11:22 AM Reply   
Hey David! I ended up winning the slingshot verdict bindings (for my wife) and just paid. Man, you had some really cool stuff this year. Great project and great job.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-03-2013, 11:25 AM Reply   
Great job on this! Scored the Humanoid Pull handle and line. All paid up. Rock on
Old     (KJ865)      Join Date: Nov 2013       12-03-2013, 11:38 AM Reply   
What a great way to donate to a great cause! Thanks guys! I scored the SS Rads and couldn't be happier...can't wait for next year already!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       12-03-2013, 11:50 AM Reply   
wonder who bought the boat ;-)
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       12-03-2013, 4:28 PM Reply   
I snagged the Onset skate, the book dvd set, and a pair of the flip flops. Tried to grab $500 gift cert. for Wakeboard Camp but someone snipped it out from under me. Glad they did because it bumped the price up a bit. My brother got the Seadek platform pad. He also wanted the PTM mirror but missed out on it by $5.00. Hope the totals are good this year. I'm happy to offer my support every year to this auction. Its a win win for everyone!!!
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       12-03-2013, 8:15 PM Reply   
Jamie ... that was me ... sorry :-) but the price was too low regardless ... I'm glad I got it but pretty much for half the value says enough ...
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-03-2013, 9:51 PM Reply   
Who won the O'Brien Bruce? I was bidding on that... But I did snag the O'Brien Nomad bindings!
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       12-04-2013, 2:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_butt View Post
Jamie ... that was me ... sorry :-) but the price was too low regardless ... I'm glad I got it but pretty much for half the value says enough ...
That's awesome. I won it 2 years ago. You will have a great time there. The guys are great at what they do. My oldest daughter wants to go so I'm planning I. Taking her in April.
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       12-04-2013, 5:48 AM Reply   
was just there - had private lessons as I was the only one there - talked to them to come up north instead next time
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-18-2013, 10:02 AM Reply   
The reason we don't ship outside the U.S. is that shipping costs can get out of control. Since the donors are shipping the products directly (i.e. footing the bill for the shipping), I do everything I can to ensure them that they will not get any surprise costs thrown at them. If I open it up to international bidders and set the auction to "free shipping" that means that the donors could be on the hook for hundreds of dollars worth of shipping on top of the donation they made. This will cause those donors to re-think their whether or not they make a donation the next year. To make a long story short, we only ship to the U.S. in order to maximize the number of donors (especially repeat donors) we have each year.