Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-15-2009, 10:15 AM Reply   
I have access to a very clean 1995 dlx with 200 hours on it. Carburated and with no tower but for about $9k. What do you think?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-15-2009, 10:17 AM Reply   
Seems like a good price. It has the same hull as the V210 I think so should be able to throw a really nice wake.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-15-2009, 12:44 PM Reply   
Great value IMO
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-15-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
The only draw back to a direct drive is once you get all the sacks in theres no alot of room to get around in the boat. I have a DLX and I have about 1600 lbs of ballast. I pulled the in floor cooler and have a sack in there, one in the rear ski locker and two on either side of the motor box. For some of my friends Ive even added a sack in the bow walk through and on the rear seat but the boat was scary low in the water and I dipped several times. Also I had to change the prop and its still sluggish to all my friends boats. I have a 94 with EFI so I have like 265 hp vs the 255 from the carburated. Its been paid for for a long time and I love it. I would definatly recommend it just think about the room and if you can live with it. Hit me up with any other questions or if you want to go out and see first hand. PM me or my check my profile for email. Good luck
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-15-2009, 9:20 PM Reply   
You won't be disappointed. Reliable, solid and a great rought water ride. Quite capable for skiing and with a little weight, say 1200lbs or so, plenty good enough for boarding and won't break the bank on fuel cost.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-16-2009, 5:40 AM Reply   
i think the boat is very nice and a good price but after coming from a v210 i keepp wondering if i will forever be disappointed in not getting another v210.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-16-2009, 6:31 AM Reply   
Nice boat but have you ever heard of anyone going back to a direct drive? I haven't.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-16-2009, 7:42 AM Reply   
I got a 98 DLX last year - screamin deal. The 315 horse. My first "real" tow boat. I love it, my wife and kids love it, all my friends love it. It is a very nice boat. Probably all I will ever will need...but,

I'm still hoping to get into a V-drive someday, though...

That 9k seems like a really good deal. I'm not sure, coming from a V210 like you are that you'd be happy long term with a Direct drive.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-16-2009, 12:34 PM Reply   
I loved my DLX. I had a '02 with the 315MPI. It was a great boat and had a great wake. If there is any complaint it's with how low it sits. I got to be a professional at getting around other boats wakes without sinking mine in the process. It can be an arduous task when it's a busy day on the river.

If you don't run much ballast it wont be near as much of an issue.

I also ran mostly lead in my boat to make up the room I would lose by running water. I ran a sac under the floor (where the cooler was) and my boat had the factory rear ballast. Everything else was lead.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-16-2009, 1:56 PM Reply   
DLX to X-star - guido? Very nice. I am going to tell my wife what our next boat is...hehehe.
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-16-2009, 10:51 PM Reply   
sounds like sweet deal. love my '93 sanger fx. for 9k i'd do it.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-17-2009, 10:50 AM Reply   
Actually, it went DLX to X2 to X-star. There was a progression. My boats were my life though. I bought my DLX new the year I got out of college, put 450 hours on it in 2 years, sold it, got the X2 and did the same thing. Now the boat is a CIE company boat. We're on our third X-star and have loved every minute of it.

Back on topic.... The DLX is a great ride and $9500 is a great price if it's in good shape.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-18-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
I love my 96 DLX. 400Lbs lead ballast under floor and a sac in the cooler locker and it rides great. Put a 4 blade stainelss prop to help with power and clean up the wake. Wish I had a 215 or 230 but in this economy it is not in the cards. That is great price if it clean and well kept. Definitly not as much rom as the 210 but nowadays my crew is much smaller thank god. I just want to take my own boat and do my own thing and not be obligated to a huge crew or staying out all day or being around someone who is drunk. Dang I must be getting old and cranky like my kids say. Get what you can afford. At that price you can sell it about any time and get you $$ back.
Rick
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-18-2009, 10:25 AM Reply   
rick,
always nice to hear from you. I hope all is well.