Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-27-2006, 11:47 AM Reply   
Has anyone had any problems with their gauges fogging up? My 22SSV beede gauges fog up now especially when it’s colder outside. The fog goes away after a while, but is there any type of fix for this or will I just have to live with it?
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-27-2006, 1:02 PM Reply   
I dont own a Supra but I just test drove a 05' 21V the one thing I noticed was the bezels over the gauges had a little wiggle room to them when touched. Im not sure if its possible but a small bead of silicon around the bezel edges might seal out any moisture.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-27-2006, 1:14 PM Reply   
Mine do get a little fog when it is cold or there is moisture in the boat over nigth, but once everything warms up it is gone. Not sure if is a problem or just common???
It has never lead to any problems for me.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-27-2006, 1:19 PM Reply   
Assuming the fog is on the inside of the bezel and you have a heater, try directing hot air facing the gauges and also under the dash to try to determine where the moisture is sneaking in.
Old     (robert_t)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-27-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
Talked with my dealer about this and they said it's common. Something about they have little holes in the back of them or some thing like that.
Old     (doug2)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-27-2006, 1:58 PM Reply   
Mine fog too, but only the fuel gauge and trim tab indicator, if that helps any. My dealer said pretty much the same thing.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-27-2006, 2:49 PM Reply   
Turn on your nav lights and the fog goes right away.. Most all guages fog in cold weather.
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-28-2006, 1:58 PM Reply   
Yes, My Faria guages were fogging horribly. It turned out that the cases were plastic and the UV sunlight was shining thru the glass on the inside of the case. The cases starting cracking and water vapor got in. I replaced two speed-o's and Tach and a combination guage for $132.00 under Faria extended warranty program. I did all the labor and shipped the guages to them. They sent brand new guages out. Best deal out there.