Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Greg07)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-09-2013, 9:22 PM Reply   
Could you guys give me some feedback on both of these please?
Pros and cons of both, pop, etc.
Greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-10-2013, 4:52 AM Reply   
I rode the 2013 Timebomb last year, and am on the Code22 this year. My impressions are that the Code22 is bit faster, and for me has a bit more predictable and consistent release off the top of the wake. Even though it's not as an abrubt 3 stage rocker, it still snaps really well of the wake. For me the Code22 is just seems to be an easier board to ride...all of my tricks this year seem to be bigger (both verticle and out into the flats). However, admitedly, I haven't strapped on the Timebomb yet this year to get a really fair comparison.

If I had to choose one of them, it would be the Code22.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-10-2013, 11:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj32 View Post
I rode the 2013 Timebomb last year, and am on the Code22 this year. My impressions are that the Code22 is bit faster, and for me has a bit more predictable and consistent release off the top of the wake. Even though it's not as an abrubt 3 stage rocker, it still snaps really well of the wake. For me the Code22 is just seems to be an easier board to ride...all of my tricks this year seem to be bigger (both verticle and out into the flats). However, admitedly, I haven't strapped on the Timebomb yet this year to get a really fair comparison.

If I had to choose one of them, it would be the Code22.
Did you ride a Mana shape before? Isn't the code the next rendition of the Mana? Reason I ask is I've been thrashing mine lately and I get the weird feeling its about to snap...
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-10-2013, 3:55 PM Reply   
The Code is a little smoother than the Mana, less aggressive. Rode the Code earlier this week and loved it though! It was a little big for me (I went from riding my 136 to a 143 Code) but it was smooth, snappy, and rode well on edge.
Old     (arcadium)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-10-2013, 6:52 PM Reply   
Code22 is as said above the new Mana. I found the Code22 a bit different to adjust from the mana in the sense the mana was loose and skatey (I rode no centre fin) and the transition from moulded fins to bolt ons was a notable difference. I have since set the Code22 up with some 6mm fins to compensate which does well to recreate that loose feel I really look for in a board.

The board itself is faster than the Mana due to a little less rocker. The added speed makes landing in the flats a breeze the board just lands and keeps its momentum. Good vertical pop off the wake for both wake to wake riding and into the flats. I don't think I could say if one is better than the other, both have good ups. Havent slide the Code but imagine it would be sweet, it was designed as a more utility/all round board. Its base is flat compared to the slight convex bottom of the Mana which tended to rock and wear when sliding.

I haven't ridden the Timebomb version of the One but find the board a lot slower, you have to work a bit harder to generate that edge compared to the Code22. The pop between the Code and One are comparable but you sacrifice the ability to land with that momentum in the flats on the One. Also the bolt ons on the one if I rode would definitely downsize to have that loose deck. Still maintains the rounded edges in the center making the board slightly more forgiving but this is probably a reason for the slower ride.

I would imagine both the Code22 and Timebomb One would be comparable in weight. Obviously the normal foam core One is substantially heavier that the wood core of the Code22.

Both good sticks I ended up getting myself a Code22 as I rode the Mana beforehand and felt it suited my riding. Sorry I can't help with the Timebomb
Old     (Greg07)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-11-2013, 10:21 AM Reply   
Thx alot for the replys!!
Greatly apreciated!