Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-18-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
I got this interesting e-mail.I'm going to be busy so I won't be able to make it but seems like a fun event and thought I'de share with people that might want to try new gear and enjoy some fun in the sun.

THIS IS YOUR ONCE A YEAR CHANCE TO RIDE THE BEST WATER IN SOUTHERN CAL! THIS IS A FUN CONTEST FOR ALL ABILITIES FROM NOVICE THROUGH PRO. WE WILL HAVE DIVISIONS FOR WAKEBOARD AND WAKE SKATE. COME HANG OUT AND ENJOY A GREAT DAY OF RIDING!! MEET THE REPS AND GET FREE SWAG FROM HYPERLITE,RONIX,CWB,LIQUID FORCE AND SLINGSHOT!
REGISTRATION STARTS @6:30AM
PRACTICE RIDES START @7:00 AM
CONTEST STARTS @9:00 AM
RIDER FEES
$30 FOR INT MEMBERS
$39 FOR NON INT MEMBERS(INCLUDES 1 DAY INT MEMBERSHIP FOR THE TOURNAMENT)

DIRECTIONS:
PLEASE USE MAPQUEST.COM FOR THIS ADDRESS-
4537 DIAMOND BAY DRIVE
ARVIN, CA 93203 ANY ?'S- 1-877-650-7433
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-19-2007, 8:46 PM Reply   
went out today to check it out. should have ridden. there were only two guys in my division. it was kind of a slow day, as it seems they were not all that organized. I cant imagine how hard it is to run an event like that.
either way, it was a good time, and I met some cool people out there. I am hoping to ride in the INT event on the weekend of June 30th.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-19-2007, 9:29 PM Reply   
how many riders were in the pro/outlaw division and names?
i wanted to make it but there was supposed to be a contest up here and it got cancelled last minute at like 9 last night
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-20-2007, 7:49 PM Reply   
the only name I recognized in the outlaw class was Trevor Marquette (spelling?). we actually did not even stick around for the outlaw riders. our kid was getting kinda cranky in the heat. I saw one outlaw run, and the kid killed it. it was not Trevor though. Trevor was killing it during his practice run though.