Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-08-2011, 2:44 PM Reply   
my 4th set since i broke my leg, im finally starting to feel strong again!

check it out
comments appreciated

thanks for watching

Filmed by Mitch Bergsma
Edit JB ONeill
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-08-2011, 5:06 PM Reply   
That backroll to blind to end the vid was awesome! Also liked the handle "drop" and catch!

Nicely done!
Old    readyaimfire            09-09-2011, 12:02 AM Reply   
Sick set! That backroll to blind was LARGE son! That takes some big huevos! Props!
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-09-2011, 5:52 AM Reply   
yeah that was a dirty set! kudos sir
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-13-2011, 7:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post
yeah that was a dirty set! kudos sir
thanks dude
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-13-2011, 8:24 PM Reply   
Steezy!! What's your input on that Format setup? Love the bindings but the board feels sticky compared to das decade & el naturâl. (My opinion)
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-14-2011, 1:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
Steezy!! What's your input on that Format setup? Love the bindings but the board feels sticky compared to das decade & el naturâl. (My opinion)
thanks man!

the format... hmmmm what can i say... its the bomb haha, by far my favorite board! yes its pretty sticky compared to the decade and the natural, but i feel that it helps you land blind much better. i actually feel like i like sticky boards more than loose ones, just because they have so much more control. some people like looser boards because they are more forgiving, but if you are gonna crash hard its gonna hurt like nuts anyway.

i rotate between all the obrien boards alot, and i like them all a bunch, which is weird because i am extremely picky. i think im going to stick with the format for now though because i think that i ride the best on it.
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-14-2011, 4:28 PM Reply   
Nice riding JB.

DC - for 2012 on the Format we are changing the fins from 0.7 to 0.5" (yes, 0.5") to give it a bit looser feel.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-15-2011, 8:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by team_o View Post
Nice riding JB.

DC - for 2012 on the Format we are changing the fins from 0.7 to 0.5" (yes, 0.5") to give it a bit looser feel.
thanks, i want to make a video on a big wake, im tired of riding behind my direct drive
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-15-2011, 8:50 PM Reply   
Chris- thanks for the heads up on the 2012 change up, the new graphics are also sick as hell. My younger brother rides the format and loves it! may need to just by him some .5 fins and see what he thinks. BTW thanks again for sending me all those Obrien stickers, never got the chance to share my appreciation!

JB- What kind of direct drive, weight, speed, etc. Was that?
Old     (holmes)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-16-2011, 11:49 AM Reply   
Well come on!!! Time to shoot a video on Lake Belton!! I think I can get the wake a little bigger than normal, but can your bones handle it???
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-16-2011, 8:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
Chris- thanks for the heads up on the 2012 change up, the new graphics are also sick as hell. My younger brother rides the format and loves it! may need to just by him some .5 fins and see what he thinks. BTW thanks again for sending me all those Obrien stickers, never got the chance to share my appreciation!

JB- What kind of direct drive, weight, speed, etc. Was that?
2004 supra launch 23.5 stock ballast
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-20-2011, 6:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes View Post
Well come on!!! Time to shoot a video on Lake Belton!! I think I can get the wake a little bigger than normal, but can your bones handle it???
mista holmes! were gonna make a rad video
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-21-2011, 10:58 AM Reply   
Music is?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-21-2011, 11:08 AM Reply   
Great riding. I love a OA TS 3. Welcome back. I think yours is more of a 5 rewind to three, but still, very few people do it. Dope.
Old     (tp83)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-21-2011, 4:42 PM Reply   
Great riding that big worm is sick. I think the song is happy violence by dada life
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-27-2011, 11:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Great riding. I love a OA TS 3. Welcome back. I think yours is more of a 5 rewind to three, but still, very few people do it. Dope.
thanks man next time i ride with a big wake il try to really over exaggerate the 5