Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                08-30-2001, 6:55 PM Reply   
what is a tantrum? i know that its a type of flip, but what i don't understand is how you can go toeside at the last minute and get the pop. i've tried this whenever i go out, but i just end up surfing the board? does speed affect the pop on this one, i like to go fast, about 21-25 mph.

help me out, brett
Old    versus perpendicular            08-30-2001, 8:09 PM Reply   
DON'T CHANGE EDGES!!!! you just come off of your hs edge so that the board flattens out and becomes more parallel (versus perpendicular) to the wake. then you wait for the pop, my problem is i throw the flip before i am in the air and don't get the whole rotaion. so maybe my advice isn't the best since i can't land it but i do know what you are supposed to do so good luck.
Old                08-31-2001, 1:57 PM Reply   
well, you do wanna switch edges, but you don't do it until you're at the wake. If you are carving back out, you've switch edges waaaaayyyyyyyy too soon. Just cut in hard, square up as you hit the wake, arch your back, and bang the rest takes care of itself.
Old                08-31-2001, 8:35 PM Reply   
Brett, I'd have to suggest just forgetting about changing edges. I suggest just going at it, and not letting up. I've noticed that even if you try not to let up, you will a little. Start quite a ways out, take a hard cut. You need a hard cut! When you get your pop, wait a little then throw your head back, keep the handle in, and then wait for your landing. The longer you wait to throw your head back, the better, within reason. Hope that helps some!