Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-03-2010, 6:19 AM Reply   
Going to Anchorage Feb 18 to ride with some friends.... then driving to Valdez to do a half day of heli ski.... I'M SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!

What should I expect guys!?!?!?!
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-03-2010, 8:29 AM Reply   
That's a hell of a long way for 1/2 a day. Just drive to Girdwood instead and fly with CPG. They are a good operation and for a 1/2 day it won't be much different.

You will have a blast, but day trippers don't get to see the real rad terrain. It can take years before the guides are comfortable enough with you to take you on something like Diamond or Python.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-03-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
Well.... We have friends in valdez.... so were staying with them... and they have a friend who's dad is a heli ski pilot. He said he can take us up for hecka cheap. We do not have a lot of money... so it's a budget trip. We are going to board at alyaska about 3 days before we head out to valdez. If it's cheap enough..... we might do a full day.... not sure.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-03-2010, 9:51 AM Reply   
Cheap is good! Cheap is usually like $75-125/run.

Who does he fly for?

Try to leave a couple of days open, the weather is always iffy in Valdez.

ARL is a good op at mile 45 on the HWY.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-04-2010, 7:42 AM Reply   
I'm not sure who he flys for.... His son said if we cant get super cheap heli ski.... then we can get free cat ski.... or close to it. My friend thinks we will be able to get about 3 runs in for 100.00 or 150.00
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-04-2010, 9:13 AM Reply   
Just found out that one of his helicopters are down.... so... he said he could get us a good deal on cat skiing. If they heli is back up and running when we get there we should be able to get the good deal on it....we will hope for the best!
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-05-2010, 1:39 PM Reply   
Take lots of pictures, so those of us stuck in rainy climates can drool.

Have fun.