Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 07, 2006

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-29-2006, 1:00 AM Reply   

orange theme

best display

calabria pro v II

cc

centurion

malibu

mc

sanger

supra/moomba

tige

my pick (will surprise some of you) for the best in show

after a 3 year delay, i finally got to speak with rick tinker, president of skier's choice. he was very patient going from bow to stern explaning and describing the features of the supra ssv gravity games edition. he was very professional when i stated what i didn't like about the older ssv. the features and improvements on this boat are both for looks AND function! this boat has everything! i'm definitely looking forward to taking a pull behind this boat. all in all, not only was the boat impressive, but rick's professionalism was very impressive as well.

hats off to rick tinker and skier's choice.
Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-29-2006, 1:19 AM Reply   
Excellent work, thanks for the pics Joe!!

Agreed, that 24SSV GG is one bad a$$ boat. I crawled around in one at the local dealer and was very impressed with the overall appearance and fit and finish. Did you happen to catch the boat show price?

Thanks again for the pics...
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       01-29-2006, 2:02 AM Reply   
good times today brotha.. glad we could hook up and have a good time.. riding soon?
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-29-2006, 4:48 AM Reply   
Thanks for the pics(as I wipe the drool from my face). Looks like an incredible show. I'd take that Air Boom outboard as something to play with over a pwc any day-love it.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-29-2006, 6:10 AM Reply   
Thanks for the pic's Joe, I am also impressed with Supra / Moomba boats for 06, lots of upgrades over last years boat. My LSV will be here in March, can't wait.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-29-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
Nice pics Umali, I am very suprised with your best in show pick, although I would not disagree with your choice. I am impressed with where Skiers Choice is heading. Even the Outback V looks like a decent ride for a bare bones boat. Once again, great pics.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-29-2006, 7:50 AM Reply   
Haha I like the graffiti/ vandalization theme of the MC booth!
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-29-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
I rode behind the 24SSV this past summer with Dave Briscoe's tour. It is an incrediblly long and meaty wake. The seating configuration is also tough to beat. Unfortunately, I can't compare it to other 23'+ wakes out there besides the Moomba XLV which is huge, but much steeper with less transition time.
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-29-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
Iwould also have to agree with that choice they had a close clone to what Joe posted at the Nor Cal show and I was very impressed . I asked some questions in Santa Rosa a few months back about the Supra and they said they didnt sell alot of them and that was a surprise . The boat at the show Nor Cal smoked MC and Correct Craft on fit and finsh and other than Malibu no upholstery workmanship was even close . I was thinking CC for my next boat but if this trend continues it will be a supra .
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-29-2006, 9:04 AM Reply   
Joe, nice job on the pictures, it helps to pass time in the dead of winter here in the Midwest. We don’t get anywhere near that many wake specific boats at the local show.

So, now after all of the minor ribbing I took on Zach’s post, you had a chance to speak with Rick and have good things to say about Rick and his company’s product. Don’t you think the Zach’s future boat buying experience would have benefited for meeting Rick? If nothing else he could have vented at the top.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-29-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
edward, let it go, please!
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-29-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
Joe,
I have to agree with you on the Supra SSV. I have been an Owner of 2 different Supra's and loved both. This year I went to the boat show in San Diego and checked out all of the different Makes and models of Wakeboard boats , And I have to say all were impressive. There is not a bad boat in the bunch. All of the Boat Companies have stepped it up this year.

With that being said I had to be realistic about costs so I bought this boat last night. I added a bunch of things and it is Loaded and for the price its unbeatable in my opinion. Not to mention the boat inside is huge.

I also went over the entire boat with Rick Tinker and I have to say that his professionalism was what sealed the deal. He threw in a few options for free and made me a smoking deal on this boat. I have to give props to Island Marine in COrona, they are a family run Business that takes care of thier customers. I had been telling them for the past 2 years that I was planning on buying a new boat and then didn't. Thier attitude never changed towords me even when I didn't end up buying a boat that particular year.

I cant wait to ride behind this thing. In case the picture doesn't come up it is the Moomba XLV Gravity Games Edition that Joe has posted above.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-29-2006, 9:21 AM Reply   
Thought I saw the horse take one more breath.
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-29-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
For tower/windshield fit and finish I think Calibria won hands down @ Pleasanton with the red Pro V.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-29-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-29-2006, 1:24 PM Reply   
Joe,

Did Rick show you how that bimini unhinges and drops down? It's super slick, and I plan on modifying mine to do the same thing.

I loved the bells and whistles factor on the 24, but my overall pick of the show in Seattle was the new 20 SSV. I'm going to demo one as soon as I get a chance.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-29-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
yeah, he did. and the bimini's strong enough to hold a board or two. it has cross bars on top like surfboard racks on a car. that thing is sweet.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-29-2006, 2:01 PM Reply   
Joe, what camera are you using? Those pictures look great. Also, do you have any more pictures of the white Malibu VLX with the two small blue stripes? That is the exact color I'm looking at ordering next week so I'd love to see some more pics. Thanks and if you have any, you can email them to amoreton@smu.edu.

Andrew
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-29-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
Hey Joe..great pics!!! Thanks for sharing them. I was going to go next week but not sure I need to now...you brought it to me. No... just kidding. Still going next week. Thanks again.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-29-2006, 2:56 PM Reply   
i thought that custom flame painted airboom tower looked pretty slick.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-29-2006, 4:29 PM Reply   
andrew, i took them with a nikon d70.

here's the only other pic (that came out halfway decent) of the white and blue malibu.

(Message edited by dakid on January 29, 2006)
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-29-2006, 5:58 PM Reply   
Hey Joe very nice picture's, only thing I didn't
see was one of Bates at the CWB booth, but everything else was very nice. Thanks
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-29-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
Wow some great looking boat in there.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-29-2006, 6:14 PM Reply   
gordie, this is the only i got of the booth...no bates shot.

(Message edited by dakid on January 29, 2006)
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-29-2006, 6:33 PM Reply   
Was epic there??
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-29-2006, 6:47 PM Reply   
i didn't see them there, but that's not to say they weren't there. i didn't get a chance to hit up all the booths. i'm probably going back.
Old     (jzd)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-29-2006, 6:53 PM Reply   
Hey Joe, I went Saturday didn't see any helmets did you ?
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-29-2006, 6:55 PM Reply   
epic wasnt there. if you go check out the vintage pics and skis outside the cwb booth. girl in the bikini to the right of the entrance(facing the girl display) is my boss... fifty years ago or something.
Old     (badbob13ftw)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-29-2006, 9:55 PM Reply   
went sat and sunday luved that little green airboom boat :-)
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-29-2006, 10:08 PM Reply   
Nice shots Joe. Thanks for putting them up!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-30-2006, 1:28 AM Reply   
siCk pics Umali! Let MC know that I'll take two of the x-80s in the red...

So was shane wearing his crunked out watch that he picked up in Reno last year...?

btw - sweet night time shot!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-30-2006, 6:30 AM Reply   
Great pics Joe! I was up there on Saturday and will go back next Saturday as well.

MB Boats had a great display with the Spinning in the air vertical B52.

Eric congrats on the boat,that thing is sic! The colors are great! Can't wait to ride behind it. Are you going to the grand opening of the clubhouse on Saturday?

Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-30-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
Glen,
Thanks

I am going to try and make it out. My son has Base Ball tryouts.

I cant wait toride behind it either.

Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       01-30-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
First off, awesome pix! We definitely don't have any kickin' shows like that here in the Midwest.

Second, it appears about 1/2 down there's a shot of a Nautique Air}} 210 with an urban camo graphic theme, but it also has the new Super Air logo on the side. Anyone know what's up with that? I thought that logo solely was for the NEW Super Air 220?

Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       01-30-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
Yea it is a special edition from Nautique. I think all that the package includes is the camo and the 220 graphic.
Old     (landon)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-01-2006, 11:30 PM Reply   
I would also agree, very nice pics and that boat show puts anything around here to shame.

Seems like the tower designs are getting more and more bazaar.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-02-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
That special olympics Bayliner cracks me up.
Old     (xsmini)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-02-2006, 9:30 AM Reply   
That 226 Nautique looks as if Titan whipped something up. I knew they were going to do something, but I didn't know this soon.

It looks like a Skylon Tribal Tower kinda
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-02-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
Is that the replacement for that monkey bar contraption they first had on it?
Old     (xsmini)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-02-2006, 12:37 PM Reply   
yeah, I noticed that Titan was doing things like Nautiques board racks. I also heard that Nautique has been beating down Titan's doors to build them something. And there we have it, a mini Titan Series 3 tower mounted on some bars. I Like the look of it. I also like the other Titan tower on the Calabria