Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (pennsforest04)      Join Date: Jan 2012       06-17-2012, 11:05 AM Reply   
So we go to launch the boat on Saturday and my brother and mom get it off the ramp, everything seems normal, but just as I get back to the house with the trailer, my brother comes running up from the dock screaming there's water coming into the boat. My friend and I think they're just being dramatic, but the look on my lil bro's face made me a bit uneasy. So we hooked up the trailer again and I had my friend race down to the ramp while I went out on the jet ski to chase my now frantic mom who is driving around the lake thinking if she slows down the water will flood in. I finally catch up with her and tell her to stop. Still thinking she is being dramatic, I come up to her and see water pouring from the bilge and out of the engine compartment. I screamed for her to quickly get up to speed again. Now, her and I go flying into the No Wake zone at 25 mph, (getting yelled and swore at the whole time). She finally gets it up onto the trailer that just arrived and is almost in tears, thinking we had ruined our brand new boat with 12 hours on it. Long story short, it turns out the clamp on the hose running water from the lake to cool the engine off was never installed properly or slowly came undone, meaning the faster we went, more water was flooding into the boat. In the end, nothing was damaged, just had to let everything dry.

ENTER DAY 2, with everything dry, we gave it another go, this time with me at the helm. I back it off like I've done before, and put it in drive, but my momentum from going backwards along with the wind immediately push me towards the concrete wall and ramp. If I kick it in reverse again, the boat will end up in the rocks because we are now sideways from the wind. So I decided to try and go forward with the turn that I was in, As all of you know, inboards don't exactly have the best performance when running slow speeds. Naturally it took a second for the boat to turn away from the ramp, but that was all it took. Before I knew it, the wind along with my idiotic maneuvers had put us back over the concrete ramp. And just as I went to shut off the engine, I heard the horrible sound of my prop trying to cut through the ramp. Needless to say, we pulled it out again, and now need a new prop. FML