Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (h2oboy)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-08-2008, 2:13 PM Reply   
I heard about an alarm that is available that is connected to the snaps on the fiberglass.. Anyone know about this ??
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-08-2008, 2:16 PM Reply   
you cna do alot with alarms on boats. I have mine with a shock sensor and sensors on the compartments.

plan on adding at least one more siren IMO.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-08-2008, 2:30 PM Reply   
You can get pretty crazy with it. I work in a family owned alarm company. We have an alarm on our boat that sounds if the any of the compartments are opened. We also have a pager that pages us if the compartments are opened. My dad wanted to put motion detectors in the boat as well, but I thought that was over kill since our boat is parked in a boat house that has motion beams and cameras already installed. So you can pretty much do anything you want. BCP Mike
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-08-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
I want an alarm that goes off automatically anytime a jetskier comes too close to my boat. Does anyone make one of those?
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-08-2008, 3:24 PM Reply   
Tim, the Wetsounds WS-420 and a drunk "third" would solve your problem...
Old     (professor)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-08-2008, 4:46 PM Reply   
I put an alarm on my current boat as my last was broken into twice while sitting on the lift at the marina. I had planned on getting some of the snaps for my current alarm setup. But when I started talking to some of the alarm companies, they mentioned that a lot of break ins occur with the cover being cut. Therefore, the snaps won't help much. For what it is worth, I put a sensor in the floor (it measures the pressure of the floor and if the boat is being tilted to a side) and sensors on all the compartments. Additionally, I added two sirens. One is under the dash and the other (a smaller, high-pitched siren) is mounted right above the batteries aimed right at the ear. My thinking was if someone tried to cut the power wires or get to the brains of the unit, they would lose some hearing in the process.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-08-2008, 6:02 PM Reply   
We had a motion sensor hung between tower speakers, so if anyone went into the boat, or tried to remove the speakers and an alarm would sound in the house.... radioshack for like $50
Old     (cp3)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-08-2008, 6:10 PM Reply   
where did everyone get their alarms?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-08-2008, 6:21 PM Reply   
I bought mine from sonicelectronix.com. Just a basic car alarm with proximity sensor, shock, sensor, and tilt sensor.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-08-2008, 7:06 PM Reply   
What about the guys who just untie your boat without setting foot in it and tow it away?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-08-2008, 7:09 PM Reply   
i think they put a pressure sensor up next to the bow eye. ^^
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-08-2008, 7:10 PM Reply   
I don't have my boat in a slip, it's in my driveway or garage so that's not an issue.
Old     (cp3)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-08-2008, 11:10 PM Reply   
andy where did you get your alarm with the siren next to the batteries?
Old     (cp3)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-08-2008, 11:13 PM Reply   
nu bu that site didnt work for me, came up with some spam site
Old     (professor)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-09-2008, 8:18 AM Reply   
I got my alarm at boatalarm.com. I am pretty sure they sell pre-setup packages but it isn't much more to custom order one just like you want. And they sent a self-explanatory diagram on how to hook everything up.

As for keeping other things secure. I keep a cable lock wrapped around both of my tower speakers when I am not in the boat. I also have the same cable wrapped through the bow eye and then to the dock. They are really thick cables and would take a lot of time to cut through. I have heard of people having success with the pressure sensor next to the bow eye, I just decided not to go that route.