Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old    moombarider132            10-14-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
i just got my bi level in the mail wendsday and ive ridden it twice since then cuz of the rain and all. today i took it apart to check it out and rinse the salt off between the risers when i noticed pressure cracks out the ass all around them. wtf? is this normal for a cassette bi level? its a brand new board and its not like im pro or anything so i know its not suffering any major abuse, so why is this happening? the paper i got with the board said it was going to break eventually and i would have to buy new parts for it but two days of riding???? this is going to be on my mind forever so someone give me some reasurrance or tell me there is at least a warrenty on it because i cant seem to find any proof of one. i havent even hit sliders with this baby yet
Old    moombarider132            10-14-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
btw i cant spell anything so dont waste ur time giving me grammical help thanks guys
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-14-2006, 11:11 AM Reply   
That sucks, yeah those babies are notorious for that. Check out (search for) some other reviews/threads on wakeskating.com. There is a lot of info, comments/controversy about Cassette bilevels and LF wood boards regarding thier quality.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       10-14-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
pressure cracks don't mean a board will snap. my skateboard has pressure cracks and I've been riding it for months, and it's not like I'm jumping down any stairs or anything.

Did you buy it from the boardstop? If you did, ask them, or just wait until it actually breaks.
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-14-2006, 1:40 PM Reply   
The shop I used to run was the first in the west coast to get bi levels almost 2 years ago, after the first day, in the middle of winter, so probably 30 minutes of actual riding time, it fell apart, i mean delam up the ying yang. That was one of the first ones though. Both my Liquid Force Impulses, the 05 41, and the 06 Reed, have cracks after my first set, that was more paint cracks on the reed, but I cracked my impulse 41 in the center and tip and tail after the first set, hate to say it, but "nature of the beast"
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       10-14-2006, 4:56 PM Reply   
yeah, the first set of bi-levels was very touch and go. My friend has a shop who is also a cassette dealer and he got really lucky with his reed, since he was able to ride it through the entire summer and then finally broke it on a double up. But anyway, the boardstop sold the remaining 05 bottoms with 06 tops and they only had problems with two of them. So you don't really hear as much anymore, but the breakage issue is still in everyone's minds at this point.

The 06 boards are fresh and they have this coating on them that feels like wax but doesn't come off like wax would. It's almost like a slick skateboard, but the coating isn't nearly as thick or anything. It's pretty cool, actually. A friend of mine has a few 06 boards and he's been riding the same bottom deck for three months (daily) and he broke two top decks when he a) submarined a kickflip (but he was able to ride it for a few weeks after the fact) and b) coming up short on a wake to wake jump.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       10-15-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
justin "poop", I looked at my friend's 06 board and his fractures look like the clear coat is what's cracked, and not the actual wood. maybe yours is different, but again, this is the 3 month old jobby.
Old    moombarider132            11-06-2006, 8:18 PM Reply   
the top deck cracked today yeah im pissed. 300 dollars shot to well think its time to upgrade to an oak