Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (mattyreb)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-19-2006, 5:15 PM Reply   
Ive got lf sphynx very comfortable but they are dogs, any advice on some light bindings
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-19-2006, 5:29 PM Reply   
Ultras!
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-19-2006, 5:42 PM Reply   
I had the sphynx and hated them. Yes they are extremely comfortable but in my opinion have no ancle suport. I hurt my ancle using them many times. They are also so damn heavy. I just bought the 06 ultras and they are much much lighter and provide much better support. The only downside is ther impossible to put on
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-19-2006, 7:42 PM Reply   
^rookie!

Lol, Ultras are hard for alot of folks!
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-19-2006, 7:55 PM Reply   
the lightest high end binding that is also easy on and off by far are the 06 CWB Zeus ..

and NO i do not own them i went with the shanes but i demoed a lot of bindings and the Zeus were great and light...
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-20-2006, 1:50 AM Reply   
hmm the Zeus is not a light boot. granted its not a Hyperlite heavy but its definately heavier than an Ultra. Bring back the LF of old, those were the lightest boots ever.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-20-2006, 4:13 AM Reply   
come on bigH the ultras are the hardest binding to get in and out of and no pros or not many normal every riders are wearing them anymore..read closer into what i wrote

i said the lightest HIGH END Binding meaning one thats being worn by many ,pro style binding thats VERY easy to get in and out of and yes compared to the other bindings out there ,high end pro stlye the Zeus are very light...

we are not dealing with hpyotheticals here and they are not bringing the old scholl light bindings back any time soon ,this is the age of laceup,buckles and velcro etc..

so we need to stay in the present and keep the choices to the high bindings lines ...

(Message edited by bill on May 20, 2006)
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-20-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
Ya the 06 Zeus are lighter then say the 05 Zeus and are one of the lightest of the high end linups for 06. They have great ankle support as well and zero heel lift. They are really easy to get in and out of as well. I love mine wouldent trade them for anything.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-22-2006, 6:14 PM Reply   
Yeah, I agree with you, Mathew. Love the comfort of the Sphynx, but hate hauling them around. Take a look at the new Shanes, I couldn't believe how light they are (reportedly LF shaved off like two pounds per binding).. I was dying to pick up a pair, but will probably wait till '07 models are out so I can pick up the '06 for less than $400. That much money for bindings is insane IMO!
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-22-2006, 7:12 PM Reply   
yeah 400 for bindings is a little pricey, but i still want them. theres a video about them here

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/liquid_force_wakeboard_bindings/liquid_force_shane_bindings_06
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-22-2006, 7:28 PM Reply   
i have the 06' Ultra and love them...and NO i dont have any problem getting into or out of them..i can get in them without and lube and get out very easy..i have 04' Byerlys before and i can get in and out just like those...my foot is a 10.5 and i have the largest..i love these bindings..put them on and go! i hate all that out stuff that every binding has..straps, strings, velco, ect.