Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (merge360)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-12-2006, 6:22 PM Reply   
Hello all! I'm brand new to the "WakeWorld" posting community, but I've been reading the boards for several months now.... The amount of info available in all of the discussion threads is overwhelming! Looks like this is a great online community to be a part of! I will get straight to my question....

I purchased a boat about 5-6 months ago(2006 Sea Ray 195)and have been completely happy with my purchase. Just enough boat to pull family and friends, and it's great being part of the boating family.... Upon reading some of the threads posted on this site, I knew I had to "Bling" out the boat.... Purchased some tower speakers, amp, LED's, sacs, etc...

The LED's give the boat a life of it's own... Here comes the question... I'm looking to add a few more... To the tower speakers, in the speakers in the boat, etc.... But, I want them to be hidden... Out-of-sight, out-of mind... Know what I mean? Now that "WakeSpecialty" has bad customer relations, has anyone used or purchased the LED's from "Street Magic LED's"? I'm very interested in the HYPER 3's and/or MICRO 9's.... I found them online at...www.cosmicleds.com... Prices are reasonable, looks like the same product, etc....

I figured before I ordered anything I should probably check with the members at WW... You all have made me spend WAY TOO MUCH MONEY(Ha!)...But the good thing.... The wife is completely into it! She doesn't do any riding, but she does like having that plush, blinged out ride!

Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated! I know you all won't steer me wrong... Hope to see you all on the water!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-12-2006, 10:13 PM Reply   
Merge,

Try these sources:
www.superbrightleds.com
www.besthongkong.com
Old     (sea_ray_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-13-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
Good choice on the 195. I have a 200 and I am also in Houston (Spring). There is someone on Lake Houston that posts here alot and he has the LED hook up. I 've sent him a message to look at your post here. I am in also in the mind set of out sight-- out of mind-- but it is impossible to hide great sounding loud tunes and the glow of LED's at night. As we get near the dock, when we are coming off the water, we shut down everything and go back to stealth mode
Old     (merge360)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-13-2006, 10:54 AM Reply   
Mikeski- Thanks for the links..... "Superbright leds" is a great site but they just don't have what I'm looking for... And "besthongkong"...There's alot of content on that page, I just haven't had a chance to to "dig around" there yet...

David- Thanks for the compliment on the boat... I too looked at the 200 before we purchased, but we decided on the 195...(first time boat owner, didn't know what we were getting into, that type of thing...) Now that we have been on the water (with friends and fam), probably could of went with something a little bigger, but hey, I'm not complaining... I'm on the water! Thanks for sending the message to your connect... Hope to hear from them... Yeah, I agree, trying to hide all the wires for cleanliness starts to become an issue with more accessories... But I'm like you, upon approaching the docks we're rolling stealth.... I like coming in "under the radar"....