Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (boardridesurf)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-01-2006, 3:25 PM Reply   
I ordered a new 2007 Centurion Enzo and received it mid August. I had a different Enzo lined up to purchase from a dealer in California, however because I know it is very important to have a close relationship with the dealership who would be servicing my boat I chose to purchase the boat from my local dealer even though it cost me about $2,500 more (however I did get to custom order the one that I got, the one from CA I couldn't have). Now three months later, they just told me that they sold their business and the new owner will not be keeping it as a boat dealership. They don't know if another dealer in my state (Colorado) will pick up the Centurion line. They stated that they will work something out with another dealership for service, but when I asked what this meant they did not know and said that they are not closing their doors for another 2 months. I have an appointment to get my boat its 20 hour service and winterization, but now I am concerned that if they do the work and they don't do it right, I wont find out until the spring and they will not be around to correct any problems. Also, I know that warranty items are likely to come up, does anyone know if Centurion would approve warranty work through non Centurion dealers? I am already considering selling my Enzo (even though I love it) since the Centurion line has already been passed between local dealers and now there doesn't look like there will even be a local dealer here in Colorado. Any advise? Thanks.
Old    swass            11-01-2006, 3:33 PM Reply   
You can take it to any authorized Mercruiser service center. Are you in Pueblo? I don't know of any in Pueblo or Colorado Springs, but there are several in Denver.
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-01-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
austin,i wouldn't worry too much about it. like stated, just find a merc dealer that can do motor warranty and all related areas. most of the time when you have anything else that needs warrantied, dealer is gonna have to order parts in regardless. stick with the enzo until you do have a problem, and see how it pans out.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-01-2006, 7:07 PM Reply   
Austin, not trying to say that anyone who is an authorized Merc. dealer wont do the warranty work but it will be hard to find someone to do it. No matter if a dealership is an Authorized Merc.(or anything that has to do with a boat) they don't have to do the warranty work if they don't want to. Boat shops don't get paid what they should to do warranty items so accorce they are goign to work on their customers boats first. my advice to you is to talk to other people wtih enzo's that are a couple years old. find out if anything on their boats broke and if so what was it. if it seems like a lot of stuff that was warrantied broke i would sell it. if you end up selling it when your shpping around for a new one get as much info about the dealership as you can. whatever dealership is the best and has the boat that fits you is where i would go
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-01-2006, 9:58 PM Reply   
Well I would disagree at least in our area Merc authorized dealer will of course do work on a in warranty mercury engine. They won't be Mercury authorized dealer long if they are turning down valid warranty claims. It Just seems silly to tell someone to sell a boat because it might have a warranty issue at some time in the future.

Find a good autorized Mercury repair shop and you will have NO PROBLEMS getting warranty service.
Old    r3612            11-02-2006, 12:37 AM Reply   
Hear you on that. HEre in Chicago We have been through 4 dealers in the past 3yrs. Rediculous. Just seems like they don't really car who pics up their line. # out of those 4 dealers were just horriffic. The 4th now not looking like it''s gonna last either. They are bad. Only stock one boat for cying out loud. In my eyes you should either be a ski boat dealer or a runabout dealer. San't mix both.

To the warranty stuff. Regarding your engine. Any merc dealer will be able to work on the boat, but MAKE SURE IT IS AN AUTHORIZED EALER> CALL MERC BEFORE YOU TAKE IT THERE AND MAKE SURE THEY STILL ARE ONE BECAUSE I RAN ACROSS HUGE ISSUES WITH THIS. Can pm you the details. Doesn't matter if a mechanic is Merc certified he has to be an authoirzed dealer.

As to the warranty issues such as vinyl and things related to Centurion themselves. They (the factory) have helped me out in some cases, but it is always better to have a dealer on your side. To me after being frustrated with the dealer issues I have endured I would try on getting rid of the boat if you don't loose that much cash. I have been going through issues for 4 yrs now with 3 different Cenurions I have owned and it plain sucks. I have had to go through it and it sucks because I love thier boats. They make the perfect boat for me. But part of owning a wakeboat is the service you are supposed to get.... that what makes an inboard in my eyes. And for me if I was shelling out that kind of cash I'd want my dealer there to back me and take care of my 50k+ investment of fun.

Hindsight after 3 boats (all Centurions and over 4 dealerships I would have rather spent the 60k upfront for a Nauty then deal with the aggravation I have gone through because of dealership issues.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-03-2006, 12:17 PM Reply   
I'm not trying to tell him to sell his boat. just giving my point of view on the issue. I hope you find a dealer in your area that will do warranty work on your boat. The way that it works at my parents dealership and all the dealerships in my area if you don't buy the boat from us we don't do the warranty work. We've been an authorized Merc. dealer for 30 plus years now and we've never had a problem with Merc getting on us about not doing other dealerships warranty items. I'm not trying to get an argument going but just letting Austin know how it works here in Cali. Once again if you find a dealer that will do it for you thats great but just letting you know what your up against.