Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through May 13, 2004

Old    rmarion            05-04-2004, 4:35 PM Reply   
I was quoted from the dealer $1,595.00 is it worth it?

On there web site, I can get for $1,100.00.

How difficult is the install????

Sounds like I might be installing it myself & save $500……..

Thanks

Rick
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-04-2004, 5:16 PM Reply   
What a ripoff. Don't pay it. In there defense maybe they are quoting the one that has the magnetic ball pick ups. Forgot the name. You better check the prices on everything including the boat and trailer. Sounds like the big gouge!!!!

I paid $850 for WB Pro installed at the factory when they built my boat.
Old    upupnaway            05-04-2004, 5:59 PM Reply   
I think you are referring to digital pro, Chris.
Old    rmarion            05-04-2004, 6:13 PM Reply   
Great Archives..........

I will definitely be installing the PP myself.

Thanks Bro's........
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-04-2004, 7:08 PM Reply   
you can get it on eBay for $900. It's on there pretty often.
Old    tommyadrian5            05-04-2004, 8:03 PM Reply   
yea i got it on ebay for 850 shipped, be careful though, the ones on ebay are 5" guages, (if you need the 3.5", PPass will swap with you for $50)
Old    grampawakerider            05-04-2004, 9:03 PM Reply   
I'm getting my PP Wakeboard Pro installed for $1400. Should be done tommorow afternoon.
Old    tommyadrian5            05-05-2004, 6:47 AM Reply   
jesus mark, you got hosed

richard, i said this on wb.com, but i'd ask your dealer to break out the pricing for the unit and installation separately, if he is charging 1400 for the unit and 200 for installation i'd get the unit online and have hime install it, you'd be at around $1200 that way if you got it from skier to skier, $1050 if you got it off ebay for the price i got it
Old     (98air)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-06-2004, 5:58 AM Reply   
I installed wakeboard cruise by myself in one afternoon. The booklet was perfect! Hardest part was fishing the wires under the floor, had to get a fishing tape to get it through.
Old    rmarion            05-06-2004, 10:17 AM Reply   
Bro's thanks for the advice.

I get my boat either this Fri or Sat. I have been told that I get 10% discount at their Pro-shop. So I'll wait to get their price after all the transactions $$$$$$$$$$$$$. If they jack me there, I’ll definitely get it someplace else.

I'll install it myself. I should have some more ????????? later on.

BTW, Tom, Marks looks like a Grandpa which means more knowledge than most of us. I was once told, stick with what you know and pay to have done what you don't. Which means Grandpa could probably make enough cash in a few hours at work to pay the $400 labor to have it installed by a Professional and not worry about it. If I could, I would to.

Thanks again Bro's..........

Can't wait to RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post pic's soon.
Old    tommyadrian5            05-06-2004, 10:32 AM Reply   
richard, you'll learn something very quickly about boats.

"Dealer" does not always mean "Professional"

frankly, in your case, i'd be worried about your dealer installing it, as I don't know many people that would be willing to pay $1600 for a perfect pass and install, hence i'd question his knowledge and/or expertise. If he's basing the massive installation fee on how many hours it takes him to install it at shop rates, i'd be real worried about his competence.

In terms of difficulty, it could be installed by a competent 12 year old in about 2 hours, no part of the installation is beyond anybody that can back a trailer down a ramp straight
Old    rmarion            05-06-2004, 2:07 PM Reply   
Tom

I hear ya.......

I think the Dealer is very astute and professional and has installed many a PP. I don't want to mention his name, cause he's getting great accolade here. I personally feel he just trying to make a buck or six hundred.
After the Boat purchase of over $40K, I am suprised he wants to charge $1,595 tho and thats before tax........lol

I don't remember the gauges on the boat, maybe it will be self explanatory, but my question will be where to install the PP gauge or which gauge should I exchange with?

Thanks

Rick
Old    grampawakerider            05-06-2004, 5:40 PM Reply   
Since my last post, the boat shop called, said they need to special order a cable of some sort that I probably wouldn't have known to do without messing with it for about 2-3 hours trying to make it work. And they are still honoring the $1400 installed quote. I'm just content not to have to drill anymore holes myself like I did when I installed the tower.
Old    tommyadrian5            05-07-2004, 6:03 AM Reply   
Richard, i don't have anything against making a buck, but that price is way huge compared to the price of the unit and installing it yourself. Installation is simple. In terms of the ppass display, if you have 2 speedo's replace one of them, as you will use the perfect pass for speed now anyways as the paddlewheel is more accurate than the pitot guages. If you only have 1 speedo and rpm i'd still just replace the speedo, the perfect pass tells you what speed you are going regardless of its setting or whether its engaged or disegaged.

Mark, i had the same problem with the cable, its a length issue, called perfect pass and got the right one sent for $17
Old    lximan            05-08-2004, 1:20 AM Reply   
Hey Guys,
The prices most dealers charge for perfectpasses are ridiculous. I get them into Australia where they charge similar prices at dealers. I can however send them to anyone in the US for $950 US dollars, excluding postage, but this shouldn't be much.. The units are covered by full warranty, and you can specify what gauges etc. Be carefull buying off Ebay as the units are pre programmed at the factory to suit a particular boat and engine so you aren't getting what you really need if they don't want to know your details..
post back here if interested..