Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-24-2009, 2:42 PM Reply   
http://www.katu.com/news/local/48819252.html
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-24-2009, 3:05 PM Reply   
Not the first....won't be the last.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-24-2009, 6:15 PM Reply   
I hear you guys aren't doing so hot either Kevin.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-24-2009, 6:26 PM Reply   
Nobody is doing well.... I wasnt slamming anybody, but just felt for the customers and the employees.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-24-2009, 6:36 PM Reply   
Kevin I wasn't defending them, hope I didn't come off that way. Just sounded/looked like a victory post to me.

The owner of that dealership (as well as a couple of the employees) was a d-bag to the fullest. He didn't deserve to be in business or represent any boat manufacturer. He was taking trade-ins pocketing the money and not paying them off. This left boat owners with two boat loans in their names. They even continued to make payments on some of the boats in the customers name without them knowing it. He even sold some of the new inventory pocketed the money and the bank still thought it was being floored at the dealership. This meant there were people out there that bought new boats from them and were making payments on for over a year that didn't legally own the boat, Bank of America still owned the boat because that douch didn't pay the bank for it. These guys were the definition of SHADY.

I feel bad for their customers too, hopefully someone respectable will pick up the Malibu brand in that area.

You're right this is bad, very bad. I think some people got really screwed over by these guys and may never be compensated for their losses.

(Message edited by 05mobiuslsv on June 24, 2009)
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-24-2009, 7:20 PM Reply   
I feel for those people. GUess you can look at it as if they didn't put money down, the don't have to pay for the boat anymore. That's an easy sale. Sucks for them though. Wonder what's gonna happen to the owner.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-24-2009, 7:22 PM Reply   
All good, was not a victory dance, I would never had reported anyother business for not making it in this horrible economy, but this was just WRONG imho... Nice boat!
Old     (cweed)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-24-2009, 8:10 PM Reply   
Wow the comments are fun too on that article...

lalaland 48p · 1 day ago
Wow that's a cryin shame. Those crooks should be shot. But,, anything that will get a few of those POS Wakeboard boats off the upper river is good news to me. The wakes from those things have caused half of the river bank at out beach to cave in. If you are a "Ski"boat owner you will not be offended by my comment. I have boated on the upper river for over 40 years and hate the Wakeboard idiots. GET LOST!

I feel loved!
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-24-2009, 8:19 PM Reply   
Corey, that is terrific, great quote to find! hahaha
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       06-25-2009, 8:31 AM Reply   
Gunther always seemed a little shady to me anyway.
Every year at the boat show he was usually half lit by lunch.
Great way to bring in customers.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-25-2009, 10:02 AM Reply   
I am surprised banks floor planning boat dealers aren't doing a better job of checking inventory...shame on the bank.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-25-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
There is already a bunch of Malibu's listed on auction expert in Eugene. They don't have pics or descriptions yet but I bet it is all of their boats.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-25-2009, 12:18 PM Reply   
I bought my Vride from those guys almost 2 years ago. When I was doing my homework on the boat & dealer, I found a number of people warning buyers about BCWS. After some careful consideration I decided to do the deal. But I went in knowing I was going to deal with them one time & one time only. So I held the check till they had everything done. At one point I had the stereo guy in the boat, the gelcoat guy repairing the transom, and Brad running around getting all the accessories I wanted. When they had the boat & trailer setup to my liking, we did the deal. And then I hounded them for like 6 or 7 weeks before we had all the title & registrations done. Brad stopped answering my calls. So I called the gals in the accounting/title office, who finally got it all done.

Even after all that, they still managed to muck it up. About 2 or 3 months ago we received the title to the trailer in the mail..... even though it's listed on the loan thru our credit union. No big. And now that this is all coming out, I feel really fortunate to have gotten out of it as good as we did.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-25-2009, 4:58 PM Reply   
I also bought a boat from them new in 2006, luckily everything went fine for me. I never had any issues with them but stand behind my post above.
Old     (snowfire)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-26-2009, 6:02 PM Reply   
Good news for Malibu owners, Active Watersports has stepped in. I've bought three boats from them, all the guys there are top notch.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-26-2009, 6:21 PM Reply   
Yep... AWS made the official announcement earlier today. They are a great shop. I'm really excited for them.