Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-13-2007, 4:40 PM Reply   
So what does everyone think of ronix? theres a lot of opinions out there but i figured id put it all in one thread.

in my opinion theyre going to take off because they have all of hyperlite's pros. their first year seems to be going well, i dont know wut everyones talkin about the ronix one crackin, ive hit rails and stuff and its fine. even this one time at full speed i ollied over a no wake bouy and didnt pop high enough so i hit the bottom and i didnt even scratch it. and its landin smooth for me
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-13-2007, 4:57 PM Reply   
i landed a 1080 on mine. it is sweet
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-13-2007, 5:11 PM Reply   
Tim,
If that joke was ever funny, it's definitely gotten old now.

-Steve
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-13-2007, 5:43 PM Reply   
i wasn't joking
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-13-2007, 7:15 PM Reply   
nice tim.

pfff, retard......

who said that?
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-13-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
i love my stuff. ive had no problems with my board or bindings. I think they'll go far. not just cuz they have hyperlite pros, hopefully cuz their products are quality built and provide good performance.

p.s. Tim... Its not funny. you have to have a loaded down x-star also!!!
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-13-2007, 8:06 PM Reply   
i use about 6000 lb in my xstar
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-13-2007, 9:40 PM Reply   
There great and innovative designs but i have some durability issues with my setup but if you willing to deal with warranties go for it. I love the way my one rides only its cracking and they refused to replace it?
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-13-2007, 9:52 PM Reply   
I dont have anything ronix and i havent ridden any ronix yet but i will probably get the ones this summer. I think that it is just like every new first year product that comes out, some products will have flaws and then some wont. It will just take some time to work out the kinks. Next year they will probably be right on point will their products. Just give them time
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-13-2007, 9:53 PM Reply   
yea i agree but they should give me a new board not make me suffer on the one i have now
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-13-2007, 10:01 PM Reply   
Yea they should replace your stuff. You probably havent had it that long I bet? Not long enough for any natural wear and tear. I would be pretty angry if they did that to me.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-13-2007, 10:17 PM Reply   
ay joe, i bet theyll give you something next year when the company is stable.

raise your hand if you remember Liqiud Force in the begining? or even Hyperlite? or CWB [oh no wait, they still suck.]
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-13-2007, 10:22 PM Reply   
Why do think that all the major board companies suck?
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-13-2007, 10:29 PM Reply   
no jus C-dubb. theyre a waste of money. for a platinum board, you could get two quality hl's lf's or Ronixs. hyperlite makes quality shapes, i realy liked my byerly, very durable. my bro has a era, great board. the lf watsons a good board two. c-dubb? all their shapes are mocks of other companies boards, and very simple yet complex if you kno wut i mean.
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-13-2007, 10:39 PM Reply   
yea i rode it a total of 4 times before it happened so im trying to get it replaced
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-13-2007, 10:44 PM Reply   
...so how'd it break? wut were u doin?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-14-2007, 12:16 AM Reply   
Sorry folks, I need to address a case of unwarranted bashing, please excuse what is to follow...

Trevor, you are 14. Liquid Force came out when you were 3 years old. I'm pretty certain you don't remember Liquid Force in the beginning. So while I've got my hand up maybe you can raise your Tonka Truck.

You also might want to get your facts straight before you publicly slander a company (CWB) that you know nothing about. For one, the Era you mention as a great board, was DIRECTLY stolen from Herbie Fletcher & the shapers of Bad Ass(you may never have heard of them, you were 7 when they came out). I'm not trying to be harsh on you brother, but you are eroneously talking smack on a subject of which you clearly know very little. I challenge you to describe which CWB is a "mock" of another company. Lets review:

Marius - Nothing close in the industry
Transcend - Also very unique with it's rocker & fin extensions
Absolute - similar to 1/2 the boards in the market (all descendants of the previsouly mentioned Bad Ass board ie. deep molded fins), plus if you like the Era, you will love the Absolute
I could go into boots but I think the point is made.

Lastly, yes the Platinum is more expensive. $519 vs $399 for a Ronix or Hype, but have you ridden one? They pop so much harder than a foam core and retain their pop much longer. It's also incredibly light. I'm willing to bet you haven't ridden one and feel that its cool to have a brand to bash. Well unfortunately you bashed the one brand that has supported me for years & that I have been blessed to deal with. They look out for their crew & we look out for them. So unless you got some reasoning to knock them other than "very simple yet complex if you kno wut i mean" (no indeed we don't know what you mean), find something else to bash on, its all played out here. **End Rant**
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-14-2007, 12:28 AM Reply   
heavy, you're wrong about the ronix...

....they're $429.99!

in all seriousness, hyperlite 3ds retail is goin' for $430...not as light as platinum. byerly is $450...not as light as platinum. ronix one is $430...not as light as platinum.

my point? they're all freakin' expensive!

trevor, they all make good boards. yes, this includes cwb. there's really no such thing as a better board, 'cause what could be better for you could suck for me.

and keep this in mind. careful with your bashing...they'll tear you apart in here no matter how old (or young) you are.
Old    innov8actionsports.com            04-14-2007, 7:49 AM Reply   
Ok Trevor, you are just the 14yr old wake god that knows it all about all wakeboards!!
Just what you say in your post shows you have no clue what you are talking about!!
Keep up the good work!!
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
i was just riding in early january so not much wake to wake grabs and spins and a few double ups. Remeber this post is about ronix not Cwb
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-14-2007, 7:27 PM Reply   
remember, trevor took it upon himself to turn it into a cwb bash thread.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-14-2007, 7:34 PM Reply   
Trevor is just mad because he is the only grom that can't get sponsored by CWB...Don't worry man, not everyone can send in a video
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-14-2007, 7:42 PM Reply   

I nominate Heavy for MVP of April.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-14-2007, 7:46 PM Reply   
I have the cells, and I love them.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-14-2007, 7:50 PM Reply   
thanks ryan, we have moved on to ripping on Trevor. Maybe you should read the post sooner, hahaha just kidding man, but really, we are trying to see if he will cry on the keyboard
Old     (quickpilot1010)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-15-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
trevor you should know by now that this is a CWB website and that people get very upset when someone talks bad about their company
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-15-2007, 6:38 PM Reply   
my goal is to own a board from each company so everyone loves me
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-15-2007, 6:54 PM Reply   
im sayin what i think, not tryin to make you think something. heres what i dont get about cwb, and im sure youll all answer angrily; it seems like they have a whole bunch of concaves and slants and stuff taken out of the top, but then when i look at the bottom of a board, such as the absolute, it looks really plain and reminds me of those cheap knock off brands like hydroslide or something, but maybe i just dont see what you do, and, everyone has their preference in a board. AND i never said I remember LF, i wanted someone to say yea they do. maybe they had problems starting out like ronix did.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-15-2007, 6:58 PM Reply   
have you even seen the bottom of the absolute? i'm thinkin' not if you're saying it looks plain.

and speakin' of knock-offs, the ronix boards are almost exactly like the hyperlites. but i bet you fail to see that.

disclaimer: not knockin' ronix at all. just wanting to point out some facts for our buddy trevor.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-15-2007, 7:09 PM Reply   
yea thats true the One reminds me somewhat of a 3DS from [i forgot what year]. maybe its cus i havent seen the absolute in person, only on WW.
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-15-2007, 8:30 PM Reply   
wow trevor decide wat ur opinion on a board is and quit changing your mind every time. But your right about the one resembling the 3ds because the 3ds is a continous rocker while the one is a 3 stage. The one has a flat bottom while the 3ds has two full length rails. The 3ds has a sculpted out tip and tail while ronix's isnt. BUT i guess they look a like because they both have two fins on each tip. Trevor just learn about stuff before you talk.
Joe,
The one has some way different features versus a hyperlite such as the variable rail ( i have yet to see that on a hl) and they are a lot lighter although their revolutionary simple bottom designs showed up on the very first hyperlite byerly's i have the original 132 and its got a really flat bottom with simple channels. and that was at least 6 years ago?
Old     (craigystyle_05)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-15-2007, 9:15 PM Reply   
i rode a 2002 absolute for 3 and a half seasons... it was a very good board... it finally broke... and im a hyperlite guy til i die... or prolly switchin to ronix soon.. but still... same company pretty much... so im not gonna bash on cwb.. i am not a fan of their zeus... i tore my akeles tendon riding in it... but in the end... every company has their good/bad boards... its all OPINION.... i hate byerlys... awesome idea... but not MY riding style... but you wont see me bashing... cause some riders kill it on a byerly... parks rode it for awhile and killed it... byerly kills it... so dont bash on boards... just cause they dont ride how you like them... doesnt mean their not good boards....
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-15-2007, 9:46 PM Reply   
I think that if your gonna compare looks, the one looks like a drive board. Thats just my opinion. Mite be wrong, i dont know.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       04-15-2007, 11:23 PM Reply   
trevor stop bashing cwb while your ahead i did the same thing when i was your age with hyperlite and Liquid force. i had never rode a liquid in my life and i bashed the hell out of them. all i got was crap on this site for about a year i was known as the Lf basher on anything i posted it took me around a year to get my dignity back on tis forum. Now after all that i di i rode a liquid force last year and i am now riding a cwb this year. bad expieriences are one thing but just picking a brand out to bash is bad i hope you take what i am saying into consideration.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-16-2007, 5:09 AM Reply   
Dudes.....I like my Frontier because it's looks like wood! No really, I own Hyperlite boards...2 Latitudes and a Belmont. Bought my wife a Liquid Force. All have been really good boards. No Problems. This year, trying the Ronix Frontier. Tested in florida...it is awesome. Looking forward to rippin it hard this season (if it ever heats up here). I am anxious to see what Shaun Murray is doing for his next year with board design. Travis mentioned it is going to be totally different and sweet. I will probably test and buy that one next year. I want to try a CWB Marius this season. Because I heard you either love it or hate it. I ride continous rocker, but I have heard a lot of people like the Transcend (coming from a continuous or 3 stage). I don't think anyone should bash any of the companies. I just think we need to continue to support our sport. Leave out the politics. As a Ronix owner...I still would like to see the pictures of the damaged Ronix boards. Why has no one posted those yet?
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-16-2007, 9:03 AM Reply   
No worries i buy my boards because the graphics are sweet too
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-16-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
thats a good point scott, im not saying the cracks and breaks didnt happen but id like to see them at least...

but i love my Ronix board, its one of the best boards ive ever rode.

nice pop, really light weight, its all cool.

CWB is a good company too, their platinums are sweet but their bindings are a tad heavy for me...
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-16-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
"but i love my Ronix board, its one of the best boards ive ever rode. nice pop, really light weight, its all cool."

-except for the fact that it may crack within 4 runs
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-16-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
I have had mine since early Febuary and have been riding about 3-4 times a week since the beginning of march and about once a week in Febuary.... there is no wear on it at all, i hit double up's, case the wake, take tricks way into the flats, everything a normal wakeboarder does and it still holds up great without a scratch on it...
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-16-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
I'm not saying everyone is flat out lying, but at least some of you are. In this day and age, every single one of you owns a digital camera, or knows someone who does. If your Ronix boards really are cracking, you'd be sprinting to post pics, so you can say "I told you so" to all of us. I guarantee most of these claims (but not all) are coming from people who have never ridden a Ronix board, and I just have to ask WHY?
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-16-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
thats at least 3 different people asking for pictures, i mean, you may have cracked the board but we just want to see it....
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-16-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
Use your camera on your phone. If you don't have one, borrow a buddies phone. I would expect anyone...Hyperlite..CWB, LF, Gator, Ronix, and O'brien would post their pics of damage boards just to see if anyone else had the same results. Plus it will give us the owners....something to be aware of and watch their boards for the same. You are doing us a valuable service by posting your pics.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-16-2007, 10:08 AM Reply   
My ronix cracked before I bought it, but my camera is broken so I have no pictures
Old    livinlovin            04-16-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
Wow, such a loving community we all love in here.

Ronix will take care of any cracked boards just as any other company will.

They have one board that may be similar to another, the others are a completely new design to the market especially the "one", even their "low" end boards are new designs.
Old    atom_ant            04-16-2007, 4:15 PM Reply   
After 3 pairs of the Byerly's in about 6 months, I just got the Cells....SICK
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-16-2007, 6:07 PM Reply   
hey yea i just realized something, and yes, cwb is a solid company, my favorites now go;

1.Ronix
2.Hyperlite
3.CWB
4.Liquid Force
5.Byerly [cus scott had a pretty cool hl design.]

im not tellin you why such a sudden change, cus that will make me look somehow even more retarded. sorry, there was a mix up.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-16-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
hate to tell you but yea... you do look kind of retarted. You went from bashing cwb to saying it is one of the top three boards out? Explain? I'm confused
Old     (hyperlite4life)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-16-2007, 8:57 PM Reply   
Trevor sounds like your pretty much all about looks. Thats not what its all about man......I read this thread and im not about to get started in this argument/opinions....Butttt CWb boards are Awesome, Dont hate
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-16-2007, 9:05 PM Reply   
i tried out the cell boots, their really nice. i think once my 2007 3DS boots and 05 Parks board are ready for retirement, i'm definetely gonna take a good look at the new Ron1x stuff. Hyperlite was really doing some innovative stuff and putting out a great product with Paul n Herb there, and it think they'll bring that to Ronix as well. And since this thread seems to also be about other board companies as well, Liquid Force puts out a good solid product, i think their bindings are their best product, CWB is has been very innovative with the bindings, and the platinum boards ride nice, my buddy has the absolute platty and its a nice ride, hyperlite oughta get all settled in, and start puttin out new stuff, but their stuff is still solid. I guess, as long as i got a wakeboard on my feet, i'mma be stoked about it.
Old    dabigkahuna            04-17-2007, 12:53 AM Reply   
Love My Ronix, Love my Absolute Platty, and my wife's LF rocks too. I wish my riding could be half as good as my equipment
Old     (twowakes)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-17-2007, 7:15 PM Reply   
Rode my one set up today for the first time and i am very pleased. I was riding a 3DS and murry boots , the one set up is so sweet!!
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-10-2007, 3:37 PM Reply   
Trever- CWB has all the cut outs on the top to reduce weight. I have ridden the Absolute Plat. and really dislike that board. I feel okay saying that because I won't knock at them personally. Years past posts point that I didn't care too much for CWB in the past but they are coming up in my book, I think the Marius is a cool board. The only one in the line I like though. You've not been around long for sure, had you been around any longer you would have relized WakeWorld is pro CWB and maybe chosen words a little wiser.

As for the Absolute being like the ERA/Premier... I don't agree with that at all.

The Ronix One being like any other HL... I'm not seeing that either. I rode the Covin Wake Games weekend and HATED it, I did have really bad water though. I didn't like how it felt either, shame too because I was really looking forward to it.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-10-2007, 3:39 PM Reply   
Another thing, I don't know if it's because of the bindings but the Plat. was really heavy to me. Way more then Ronix (of course), and I do ride a LF Ultracore the majority of the time as well.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-10-2007, 4:02 PM Reply   
The cwb love around here feels almost like a cult trying to force you to join at times. CWB makes great boards. So do A lot of other companies. How about the Ronix bindings. The one binding is the lightest I have ever ridden. I will be buying these even though I have questions about the reliability of the lace system because I know they will back their crap up if if fails. IMO they are a good company.Demo and see for yourself.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-10-2007, 4:05 PM Reply   

quote:

I will be buying these even though I have questions about the reliability of the lace system because I know they will back their crap up if if fails.

not doubting ronix at all, but do you have firsthand experience?
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-10-2007, 4:08 PM Reply   
this might be alittle late, but joe umali (dakid), where are you seeing the ronix one going for 429.99? last i saw they were right at 399.99? i saw that you had them at retail, but just curious to where you're seeing them being sold at 429.99?
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-10-2007, 4:14 PM Reply   
ahh, ok got ya..btw nice shot in last months wakeboard mag, that was you right?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-10-2007, 4:16 PM Reply   
sorry...

Upload

no, it wasn't me.
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-10-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
hmm, my mistake..haha u had to rub it in!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-10-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
you know it!
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-10-2007, 4:21 PM Reply   
well if it wasnt last months wakeboard mag that i saw your name in..where was it??? or am i do i just need to slow down on that crack cocain??
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-10-2007, 4:22 PM Reply   
maybe it was an article about The Chick Flick.
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-10-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
yea, i dont even know man..anyway i guess we'll let this thread get back to what it was at..or whatever its doing..
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-10-2007, 4:36 PM Reply   
cool that we're off bash-mode. in that case, i have new ronix divide bindings. i've only ridden them once. they're super comfy, plus they look sweet on my substance. however, my riding has not improved.
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-10-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
kylie, did you get your divide bindings heat molded? if so, how did they turn out??
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-10-2007, 4:40 PM Reply   
I put the Cell bindings on they were REALLY light, felt alright too, but were too big for me to ride. I couldn't sinch them down near tightly enough to ride them. The owners of said bindings said the heels come up really easy and he has landed with the plastic pull string peice between the board and the heel of the binding.
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-10-2007, 6:03 PM Reply   
just used my ronix one 137 and one boots yesterday. i love it. the water was about 52. and the closed toe bindings kept my feet nice and toasty. i think they will do good and take off.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-10-2007, 6:20 PM Reply   
Boy do I wish I had some closed toe boots when i rode 50 degree water last weekend... If CWB doesn't turn to the darkside soon I may be jumping the binding ship and picking up some closed boots.
Old     (mkrueger313)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-10-2007, 6:27 PM Reply   
Does that mean in the middle of the summer when its 110 out on the lake that your feet will sweat in closed toe bindings??? jk