Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       10-20-2006, 8:48 PM Reply   
Upload

this is the engine compartment divider in my 99 205V. It's hard high-density plastic. I would like to get some similar material to repair the broken back hatch / sunpad. Any ideas of what this is and where to get this type of material? I would need a piece that's at least 4' X 4'
Old    jack43            10-20-2006, 9:31 PM Reply   
Your local Mastershaft stealership.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-22-2006, 9:41 AM Reply   
try here
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=USPlastic&category%5Fna me=72&product%5Fid=10369

But also try your local plastic supplier. HDPE is a good choice.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-22-2006, 10:55 AM Reply   
That's probably HDPE, UHMW, or King Starboard, but I doubt any of those would be stiff enough for a rear hatch. Like the ABS in the other thread, get it at USPlastic, McMaster, any industrial materials supply...

I looked into rebuilding my rear hatch (making into a 3-piece) a couple years ago, and when I ran the stiffness numbers on it, the only thing that was stiff enough for a couple people to stand on, and not extremely heavy, was the honeycomb aluminum sheet. I think that was also for a 1/3 section, braced along the sides of the motor, not spanning the whole width of the boat.