Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    liquid_wake145            02-26-2004, 3:49 PM Reply   
right now i am lookin at new boards bc i want to step up right now i am lookin at 2 boards. the Blindside Assassin Pro 134 and the 2001 Hyperlite Drifter but if u have ne other sudjestions i would like to hear them bc i want a sick board for this next season. i want one with averaGE pop or great pop and i want one for flips and inverts i know almost ne board can work but i would like your sudjestions
Old    klk            02-26-2004, 4:10 PM Reply   
the drifter is a good board i used to ride, and still have, the project its just a little bigger. I would deffinately go with the drifter.
Old    liquid_wake145            02-26-2004, 5:01 PM Reply   
ok, thanks for the advice
Old    liquid_wake145            02-26-2004, 5:04 PM Reply   
how many fins should i have on a board like how many is a good amount?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-26-2004, 5:12 PM Reply   
Yo David. My personal opinion is leaning the other way from Zach's. I've ridden the Drifter but I didn't really like they way it edged, the tunnel channels were a little weird. I have ridden the Blindside Assassin 134 for the past year. I've ridden lots of boards and this one is definately a good ride. It is very fast with the multiple fins and the hooked rails. It gets a lot of pop because it has a very wide profile and spins like a mofo cuz it's nice and short. I ride with my bindings all the way out and it is very secure on landings. Another reason it lands soft is that there is a large center spine in the center that displaces water to the side as it lands.

The really cool thing about this is that I'll sell you my '03 for $100 + shipping. I got the hookup from CWB and I need to get rid of it ASAP. It has one nick on the topsheet that is very minor, from the handle hitting it. It's not near the edge and will not affect the ride or allow water on the core. It's listed in the CLassified section.

Old    liquid_wake145            02-26-2004, 6:05 PM Reply   
that is sweet man i think i might have to take atvantage of that deal
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-26-2004, 8:48 PM Reply   
let me know how it would work best for you. I'd probably want to receive payment and the shipping $ before I send it out. No worries I'm not a guy to hang you out to dry. Where do you live so I can calculate shipping for you.

(Message edited by stephan on February 26, 2004)
Old    liquid_wake145            02-27-2004, 1:41 PM Reply   
i live in minnesota